Where are they now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno if it's permanent?

Though to be fair you're probably better off - trying to sell something to someone who's writings are littered with random bits of text about manifolds, Google and rubbish pictures can't be much fun.

"Do you want this limited edition copy of Radiant Silvergun or not??!

"I will buy it off you for manifold purple monkey diswasher pounds..."

Comment

What was the story with Valiant? From certain replies in the threads he/she created i saw that there were a few annoyed people but never saw anything that would lead to a banning. Weirdly the augmented reality thread was locked but i cant work out why. Im obviously missing something lol.

Whatever happened to Cauterize he used to post a lot in the retro thread but havent seen him in a while.

Comment

I think he still runs that Sega/retro shop, or am I thinking of someone else?

EDIT: he now runs Retro Collect, maybe that's taking up his free time.

Comment

kern has never used a capital K in his name on any forum, ever. Surely at least one of you noticed this?
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Darwock's done one to i think, he had a get lost NTSC in his PS3 comment and then just completely ignored me when i tried to message him, so after a while i though ah well its for deleting you go.

Comment

From what I have seen of Valiant he seemed to be grooming us for information most of time...like a series of random questions. It could well be that he was trying to spark debate and conversation but I got a strange feeling from it.

Comment

What's happened to shadowdancer? Has he went on a drunken rant again?
                Last edited by Colin; 21-08-2011, 20:46.

Comment

Valiant promised not to use the forum for work/research/ARG related stuff but the random pictures and character strings kept on appearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                    From what I have seen of Valiant he seemed to be grooming us for information most of time
                    That's what I thought too - seemed incapable of forming his own opinion on anything, just starting threads all the time to ask us what we thought about something (occasionally claiming it's for some sort of project work, but never giving any details about it). Very strange individual. Couldn't quite work out if he was some sort of text spamming bot, given his propensity to post utter twaddle a lot of the time.

@importaku - Think the ARG thread was locked because he was always starting threads on that subject in the past, but had promised charlesr that he wouldn't in future. Could be wrong though.

Comment

That was the weird thing.

His posts read like the sort of jumbled nonsense you get in spam emails or forum spam bots but there was clearly a real person on the other end. Which always made me very uneasy reading the stuff because it raised questions about the mental state of someone who consistently scatter guns their thoughts down in that manner - I've seen that sort of behavior before first hand and it's got the hallmarks of someone with serious problems.

His behavior on RLLMUK was also very worrying - if anyone's over there, they might have seen how bat**** mental he went when someone used his real name.

Anyway, all this is a little unfair now given that he's not able to defend himself anymore, so I'll just stop. Hopefully it was all a bit of a internet schtick and wherever he is he's having a good chuckle at how long he kept it all up. And not heading out into the night to buy some extra bags of fertilizer or something

Peace out Valiant, stay safe and healthy wherever you are.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                        What happened to Dazzling Bubble? I didn't know her but she seemed to just vanish.
                        Are we even sure she wasn't just a figment of the forum's imagination? After all, There Are No Girls On The Internet.

Comment

Even when I bumped into women online through some weird kind of accident before the days of social media, Web 2.0 etc, I always assumed they were guys pretending to be women. Then Myspace and Facebook happened and women were actually now online.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            What's happened to shadowdancer? Has he went on a drunken rant again?
                            Was chatting to him on AO last week, I asked him why he hadn't posted in a while and he just said he's having a break.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              Are we even sure she wasn't just a figment of the forum's imagination? After all, There Are No Girls On The Internet.
                              Very true, although I think I saw her post last week sometime.

Comment

phillai??

he still still plays Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix on Live religiously :/ It's seriously the only game ive seen him playing for the past two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X