Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old fashioned light bulbs - where can I bulk buy them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old fashioned light bulbs - where can I bulk buy them?

Back in 2009 I stocked up on the old fashioned tungsten lightbulbs (100W), but I didn't buy enough and now my stocks are starting to dwindle.

Energy saving light bulbs cause severe, blinding headaches for me, so I'm forced to use the old fashioned kind - problem is, nowhere locally sells them any more.

Is there a website which still sells them? I want to buy at least 200 to keep me going for a couple of years. So, any idea where I can get them?

if I can't I will be forced to resort to candle light, the energy saving ones make me feel dangerously sick.

I know how you feel with the energy saving ones as they are crap. Takes ages to get up to full brightness and even then it's no where near bright enough.
    One question - How do you get through so many normal bulbs? Are you like Mr Bean and shoot them at night to put them out?

If you have a Makro store near you they probably do some bulk deals. I used to work in a Makro during college days so saw bulk buys of random things

Comment

I use a supplier called Nu-Line John, in Notting Hill. I'll get you a price if you like?

Comment

BURN PLANET BURN!

Comment

Disco inferno!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
            BURN PLANET BURN!
            Pfft, you wasted a whole car yesterday

Carbon footprint straight through the planet there.

Comment

Better the planet burns than my eyeballs trying to read with those energy savers.

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
              I use a supplier called Nu-Line John, in Notting Hill. I'll get you a price if you like?
              Actually, that would be cool, if it's not any trouble. Thanks Or some contact details would be handy.

I live in France so I'm hoping someone will ship here if I buy in large enough numbers (100 bulbs or more?). Trying to navigate French Google for this stuff is a nightmare. In a worst case scenario I can have them shipped to my brother in the UK and he can bring me a suitcase of bulbs next time he visits.

Crikey, it feels like we're doing drug trades or something with all this cloak and dagger "meet my supplier for some gear" type dealies.

Comment

Are you sure it's the lighbulb and bot just your eyes?
                Age could be readying you for reading specs!

I've found the energy saving bulbs massively vary in quality, I used to notice the flicker but since I've made the effort to find slightly more expensive ones that are brighter and don't seem to flicker.

Comment

I already wear glasses, trust me, it's the bulbs.

As for why I've gone through so many, my lounge design sucks with regards to lighting, so I set up a system or running three lamps in different corners - it looks lovely but it does mean I eat three times as many bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    I already wear glasses
                    So you say your eyes ARE defective. I rest my case, your honour.

Is what I'd say if this were a court case. Oh, no actually maybe I'd call a surprise witness!

Comment

I use old bulbs in a couple of rooms, but in one room they die after a month or so. It sucks. I was even buying 150watt ones when I went through my 'brightness' phase. They died even quicker than the usual ones.

Comment

I absolutely despise Energy Saving Bulbs

They take so long to fire up it's just plain annoying.

I now have to plan my poo's in advance so that the bulb is at a brightness that's suitable for reading...no sudden dumps for me anymore I need at least 10 minutes notice these days

Neil

Comment

You might be better off replacing your lamps with something that uses halogen spots (they're not very energy saving either, but at least you can buy the bulbs for them from Homebase...)

Comment

I hate halogens - they are like mini heaters!

Comment

we can get em at work (builders merchant )still they called heavy duty only difference is stronger glass? used in inspection lamps and sight lights etc

i can find out if you like ?

Comment

Working...
                              X