No announcement yet.

Beers (and other alcohol beverages) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well black Tokyo horizon was very tasty really powerful burnt caramel flavour but so good I would have it again but for ?15 each it's a hell of an indulgence back to alice land tonight I'm developing an addiction for this ?1.79 (6.2abv) it just makes a joke of things like Guinness shows how artificial it really is

Comment

Paradox stout by Brewdog is amazing stuff as well, ageing in whiskey casks gives it such a deep flavour. The other beers I've been buying recently are by Odell Brewery their IPA in particular is amazing stuff. Just a shame that they are so expensive.

Comment

I visited the Brewdog pub in Edinburgh yesterday. No Zeitgeist available so I was on Riptide instead. Lovely stuff, dark and tasty. I'm intending to pop back through with one of my mates, who is a home brew man, and we are going to try a few more in the name of research of course.

Comment

Thanks to the fine folk at tesco bishop I now have 10 big Sapporo cans for tonight result! Oh and 6 lager 77 from aycliffe

Comment

On the Kirin Ichiban. Never had it before. It's lush!

Wouldn't mind a trip to the Edinburgh Brewdog pub myself. The Town Wall in Toon did have Punk IPA on tap and in bottles last time I was therewhich was nice.

Comment

I'm just finishing off the last of an 80/-. It's past its best but still pretty good.
              Next barrel is a Cappuccino Stout

Comment

7pm on a Friday night and you're finishing your last?

Let me never get there.

I am currently drinking a rather refreshing beverage that consists of a pint a can (a rarity these days) at 5% called Belgique, a premium beer that came from the depths of Belgium.

Not bad for x4 at ?3.24.

Comment

^That's pretty cool. Where'd you get that from?

I've been on the Coors Light, currently ?3 for four 440ml cans at Morrisons. I'm not a massive fan of the taste but I can sup it, plus it's a pretty low-calorie lager, about the same as a can of Coke per can.

Now, to hit that box of Namaqua. Start nights tomoz, don't have to be up early.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    7pm on a Friday night and you're finishing your last?

Let me never get there.
                    It was the last few pints in a barrel not THE last one
                    I need to refill it today with a lighter, hoppy concoction.
                    I rarely drink more than two consecutive pints though as have to be up early most days.

Comment

Return of the footy so been boozing and gambling since 1pm

Tuborg and now whisky, feel the urge to eat a kebab and rob a JJB sports store

Comment

Well its been a hell of a day (all round) beer festival in the pub I go to so had to sample some brews

VB (Australian) just an ok lager but had to buy 4 to get a shane warne signed mini cricket bat
                        Kwak (8+%) very strong and quite difficult to drink
                        Men Of Steel (4.2%) Brewed in consett and on tap it was ok

my new fav beer

Delirium Nocturnum (8.5%) so smooth but powerful amazing beer try it if you can find it plus it has a pink elephant on the bottle

Comment

Have you been to the Head of Steam perchance? That was part of PB and I's Saturday beer trip.

Men of Steel is a steady away beer, not as nice as Red Dust and other Aleworks efforts, but still a decent shout.

We also tried the Delirium. It was a 9/10 from me, but frighteningly quaffable for its abv.

Comment

Yup I was in the head of steam I was the guy rather inebriated by the quiz machine decided I needed to sample each of the beers on the list it was all downhill after the 9% leffe that was Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                              Well its been a hell of a day (all round) beer festival in the pub I go to so had to sample some brews

VB (Australian) just an ok lager but had to buy 4 to get a shane warne signed mini cricket bat
                              Kwak (8+%) very strong and quite difficult to drink
                              Men Of Steel (4.2%) Brewed in consett and on tap it was ok

my new fav beer

Delirium Nocturnum (8.5%) so smooth but powerful amazing beer try it if you can find it plus it has a pink elephant on the bottle
                              You downed Delirium but had trouble with a Kwak?

Comment

Delirium I can't stand, you may as well just buy a bottle of meths and drink that.

Comment

Working...
                                X