The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
    Just ready for a change, it's 8 year old and costing me alot. I use it a lot and I fix one thing and another thing breaks lol
    I see, i bought my bike as i had been without one for quite sometime and thought it was long over due of getting a bike again.

do you not have any other bike shops, evanscycles where i got mine seem to have shops everywhere and have a decent website.

Comment

This weekend I will be riding this:

It's the HSD (red) track at Gawton.

I will however almost certainly not be riding Egypt (Black, but I'll walk it to see if it's doable).

Nor will I be riding the completely bonkers Super Tavi (Double Black - I have already walked this and some of it is not walkable).

Super Tavi:

Super Tavi gap (10 foot drop to flat road = death or 15 foot drop to actual landing zone):

Comment

I tried walking back UP some of Super Tavi and there were sections I could not even climb they were so steep and had to find a way around.

Comment

LOL. I just checked the weather. I will no longer be doing any of that.
          It's scary in the wet - lots of exposed cut rock with no grip.
          Last edited by charlesr; 01-06-2012, 17:36.

Comment

the first video i would have a go at that and break my bike in the process but the other two are just mental but the lad on the bike does do the jump and lands safely though.

the weather does look awful for getting out and doing anything outside, wish the weather would be nice til monday or tuesday when the queens thing is on which no one is bothered about anyway.

I guess you got full face helmet and body armour kit if you ride those.

Comment

That second video looks sick, no room for error! If I didn't have a kid I'd have a go. That's my excuse anyway

Comment

Charlesr, did you get any riding in on Monday as that was a dry day up here in yorkshire.

I did go for a blast yesterday to see how bad it was and the rain just made it too slippy on the wet sections in the woods with gravel sections fine to ride on up side of the canal.

Evans got a 15% off jubilee event on a few items so I'm thinking get those bontrager mud x tyres, couple of spare inner tubes etc to stock up on.

Comment

No, I didn't take the bike due to the weather. It was too wet underfoot on Monday for those tracks to be safe though. I did lots of running in the rain instead. 24 miles in 2 days.

Comment

Running is not my thing and why i bought a new bike to get some more exercise alongside the rugby i play.

Due to the weather would those bontrager mud x tyres not even cope with the wet ground ?

I wasn't riding on trails like in those videos but it was ok on pretty flat ground with the odd small bumps and tree roots in the way, i still had blast along the local canal though and got a little bit wet .

Comment

It's the wet artificially cut rock - nothing sticks to it. It's like riding on wet glass.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        It's the wet artificially cut rock - nothing sticks to it. It's like riding on wet glass.
                        i had forgotten about any rocks, as yes they would be lethal like riding over wet metal covers over drains on the roads scary stuff.

the place i mostly ride doesn't have any of that more dirt trails and gravel on the walking paths, building myself up abit before i attempt those downhill sections.

how are those xr4 tyres on wet trails as the tread should be pretty good as bontrager say you can use them on rough wet trails.

Comment

The XR4 tyres are about as good as you can get for firm wet areas. It's only if it's muddy that they stuff to clog up. I can see you are still mulling over tyre choices. I suggest you hammer the ones you have already and if you feel you are reaching the edge too often then think about getting different ones.

Comment

Has anyone here got any experience modding/fixing electric bikes? Just curious as my 3 year old Sakura s207 is rally hard to find parts for and the lead acid batterys finally gave up the ghost. So wanting to do it as a side project

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Oh hang on! Not a giant long pin? But a short allen key about 3 inches? Don't put that back on!!!!! Stick it somewhere safe. That's for adjusting the rebound damping It's not meant to live in the fork.

Make sure you try adjusting it - it will make a massive difference in corners.

Cound the clicks (or turns if it doesn't click) from one end to the other, then set to mid point and work from there. The side of the fork should have a sticker on that tells you which way for faster or slower rebound.

Slower rebound means it won't bounce back in your face over roots which is good. But it will cope less well with very fast repetitive bumps. You won't find one position that works everywhere, so just find one that works in most situations.
                              Finally got around to checking my bike, replaced the pedals with some DMR V8s. That thing i was talking about is a small allen key adjusted it to how i like it and put it in my wallet for safe keeping. Took the bike around the block for a bit, but my right arm still in agony especially when i brake with it . So going to leave it for another week. Have a small fracture on the right radial head, 3/6 weeks of waiting for it to fully heal. The physio did say i should be able to go on it within 2 weeks, tried 1 week too early.
                              Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 17-06-2012, 14:43.

Comment

Ignore the physio and get down the to jump park
                                Do you like the pedals?

Comment

Working...
                                X