Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half price shorts: http://www.cyclesurgery.com/speciali...-product/23375

Comment

if I hadn't bought any endura trail shorts a while ago might have bought these.

I'm looking at getting some trousers to wear when it's chilly.

Been wearing some old Adidas bottoms last few times which do a good job of keeping the wind off but keep catching them on the chain.

Might have to buy some tights or leg warmers for under my shorts.

Comment

Definitely just wear tights under your normal baggy shorts. Or if it's really muddy, ditch the baggy shorts and just wear the padded shorts and tights (mud will stick to the baggy shorts but not to lycra).

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted before but.....

Comment

Flash git. Awesome skills. Amazing.

Having said that, I used to do the downhill track at PORC on my road bike until I snapped it in half...

Comment

While checking the PSI on my tyres it got me wondering. Can all tubes match the maximum psi written on the tyre? As some tubes are thicker. Just curious.

Comment

had an email offer and bought this jacket for riding.

A karrimor I bought is ok but it ain't waterproof as I found out two nights ago.

Any recommendations on a floor pump ?

Comment

I'm looking in getting a new jacket and over-trousers myself. Want them to be adjustable and moveable as possible, the ones i have at the moment stick and just plain too tight, which is a massive pain. Will order a couple of pairs to try when i get paid this month, then send back the ones i don't like.

Speaking of my earlier question, figured it must be to do with the rim and tire. Put both tires up to 45, my tires have a max of 55 psi. Now I'm rolling so lovely.

I have a beto one, works nice however my pressure gauge is broken on it. Its only a few months old.

Comment

45 is ok for rolling fast on the road, but off road (if the trail is knarly), you want less so the tyre compresses over roots rather than kicking you into the air. And in muddy conditions, you want it really low for maximum grip.

Comment

I think the rear deraileur is busted on my bike.

I had an unfortunate incident on the way home from a ride in the local woods at night with a few mates, those Cree XML t6 lights are great.

Anyway I was riding down a road home when a piece of wire on the road got caught in the rear deraileur.

I quickly noticed it as I couldn't change gear and the chain came off the front.

Now when I get to 5 gear on the rear cassette it sometimes won't change down or at 7 it will jump straight to 9.

Is this fixable ?

Comment

eeep. Check your hanger (assuming you have a detachable mech hanger). Is the hanger bent? If not, throw the mech away and get a new one. Sorry dude. It happened to a friend of mine without a replaceable hanger and it tore the back of his bike off.

Comment

The wire was caught in the bottom little wheel of the rear gear system.

It will change gear with it jumping gears sometimes

The long cage part doesn't look bent or anything.

maybe it needs adjusting as it wasn't right before.

If it does have to be replaced, could I upgrade to xt ?

I guess I would need to replace the shifters too ?

Comment

Oddly there have been lots of reports about XT mechs grabbing bits of trees and the SLX seems less prone to it and only a couple of grams heavier.

It should be easy to get it to change properly in both directions unless the cables are gunged up. If you can't get it to adjust to proper action easily something is wrong.

Comment

I wonder if the chain could be the problem and got damaged somehow for the gears to jump randomly ?

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
                                I wonder if the chain could be the problem and got damaged somehow for the gears to jump randomly ?
                                If the chain is old it could be stretched, which would cause it to skip teeth. If its jumping between gears, you might need to adjust the cable tension on the mech it self.

Comment

Working...
                                X