The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bash View Post
    Quite pleased that Waltham Forest and a couple of other North/East London boroughs are getting millions pumped in due to permission granted for 'mini-Holland' status.

Should make some of my commutes less life threatening!
    Good to hear, there's going to be a new cycle path near me using a public footpath that was gravel etc more a bridleway which is most likely going to be tarmac over

Charlser , hope it's fun to ride as road riding isn't fun.

I'm glad it's lighter nights so I can ride home on canal route from work 13.5 miles all in, 90% off road

Comment

Anybody getting a Halfbike?!

Comment

I was going to but at the end of the vid on the page linked, the guy parks it and walks away in slow motion and it didn't explode.

Seems pretty useless though. It's weighs 17lb. You can get single speed bikes that weigh that.

Also, I rode my saddleless bike to school and back this morning (mission prodigy trials bike) and at any decent speed, the standing up cycle action is pretty tiring.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Also, I rode my saddleless bike to school and back this morning (mission prodigy trials bike) and at any decent speed, the standing up cycle action is pretty tiring.
          That reminds me of the bike chase sequence in Jackie Chan's Project A!

Comment

OMG.....

Comment

The Bicycle Thread

You've just reminded me of this one too from napoleon dynamite.

Last edited by wod; 19-03-2014, 09:11.

Comment

I'm off to Bike Park Wales tomorrow morning, 5am start

Has anyone ever been? Need some inside info on the place

Comment

I've not been.

Looking forward to your report on your "pro" line attempt

Although tbh, that looks similar to my local freeride course (I don't ride it!)

"Enter the dragon" (black) looks like it has chicken runs for some of the jumps but not the drops: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/328747/ Looks doable if you can do drops. I'm guessing all the blacks will need a track walk before. None of it looks as extreme as Gawton though.
                  Last edited by charlesr; 13-04-2014, 08:47.

Comment

i've heard good things about the bike park but too far for me to travel being up in yorkshire would be better me going riding up above sheffield etc.

think my bike is due a new bottom bracket though had some creaking coming from something on it not sure what seat, bb or headset bearings probably.

i might blow the budget and get hope bearings for it.

all the fuss about 650b wheels and the likes of peaty, greg minnar still ride 26inch wheels, highlights of first uci round is on red bull site.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      I've not been.

Looking forward to your report on your "pro" line attempt

Although tbh, that looks similar to my local freeride course (I don't ride it!)

"Enter the dragon" (black) looks like it has chicken runs for some of the jumps but not the drops: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/328747/ Looks doable if you can do drops. I'm guessing all the blacks will need a track walk before. None of it looks as extreme as Gawton though.

Looks like fun, where is this "local freeride course" you mention charlesr? QECP?
                      Last edited by huxley; 22-04-2014, 18:12.

Comment

Not much at QECP like that really.
                        Freeride is at Stoughton (big jumps).
                        There's a DH centre at Rogate (v.steep v.scary at speed)

Mostly Stoughton:

Comment

Rogate LOL:

Better Rogate lines:
                          Last edited by charlesr; 22-04-2014, 19:24.

Comment

That Rogate track looks amazing. Stoughton is fun but my days of big air are behind me along with the broken bones. More into cross country these days. Have also picked up my first road bike, a Planet X carbon bone cruncher on which I`ll be doing a Chichester to Paris ride in July. Road riding is bloody hard work and the roads are shocking.

Comment

You get used to drops pretty quickly and the different hand positions are great on long rides. As well as being able to tuck in on the open road.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully View Post
                                You get used to drops pretty quickly and the different hand positions are great on long rides. As well as being able to tuck in on the open road.
                                Pack riding is fun cruising at 25mph +. You just have to have a bit of faith the person at the front points out the pot holes!
                                Comfort wise my back had a slight ache for the first week, but it seems to be ok now.
                                I`m trying to build up my distance riding. my loop every other night is 16 miles and this weekend I`m doing 60 miles (unless its windy and I`m off windsurfing). Feeling a lot fitter :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X