No announcement yet.

The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new helmet, saddle and because I spent over 50 quid i got a free specialized cycloputer!

Haven't tested them out yet as its pissing down. My luck!

Helmet: http://cyclestore.co.uk/productDetai...ategoryID=1096
    Saddle: http://cyclestore.co.uk/productDetai...ategoryID=1038

Still waiting on my new lamp from DealExtreme. Still waiting for it to ship. Wish it would hurry up, want to go travelling in the night down the old cycle route.

Comment

Nice kit, particularly like the helmet, I've got an old Specialized but it's literally falling to bits so need a new one.

Comment

I need a new saddle..

Sort of want a more comfortable one than one that'll ride into my butt. d8-D

Comment

I bought a Brooks leather sprung saddle 25 years ago. Still using it. Highly recommended. They are a bit heavy though.

Mine is a Conquest but that's discontinued and has been replaced by the Flyer:

Last edited by Brad; 28-11-2011, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser View Post
            Interestingly, a fairly powerful blast of water to the crank seems to have stopped (or made it less noticable) the creaking noise.
            Creaking crank = tighten the bolts. Don't delay, even if it's not making the noise any more.
            Mine started creaking out on the trail on Saturday - luckily I had some allen keys with me and one of them was quite loose.

Comment

Got one of these http://cyclestore.co.uk/productDetai...&categoryID=99 in a recent order for free. Set it all up like it says in the manual, but for some reason i can't get it to work. I've put the magnet right by the sensor like it says. Any help? :/

Comment

Turn it round? No idea. Sorry.

Comment

Must find a large enough allen key for it. Also must find time to fix things on the bike.

Comment

I've noticed a pleasing upturn on my stamina levels since I started cycling. First 4 weeks it was killing me, I almost gave up as I had an incredibly sore arse from ****ting my customary 7 times a day and then sitting on a bike seat.
                    Luckily I powered through and it has done me good. I have more energy to play with my little girl now and I feel less like taking a nap in the afternoon.

Comment

Bought an Allen Key and tightened me nuts. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks Charles

Just gotta sort out some winter road tyres now. The Schwalbe Marathon Winter studs look favourite at the moment.

/update...

Winter tyres fitted! Bike now sounds as if I'm on a road of rice crispies
                      Last edited by Ginger Tosser; 09-12-2011, 23:03. Reason: adding pic

Comment

Just wondering if its possible to fit thinner tyres on my hybrid. Currently have 700x38c, would like em a bit thinner. 32 would be ideal, I'm guessing that would be really pushing it.

Also is it possible to replace and get better brakes, the ones that came with my bike are absolute ****e, almost impossible to centre and it always moves out of place. Cheapest of the cheap. My fault buying a cheap bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser View Post
                          Bought an Allen Key and tightened me nuts. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks Charles

Just gotta sort out some winter road tyres now. The Schwalbe Marathon Winter studs look favourite at the moment.

/update...

Winter tyres fitted! Bike now sounds as if I'm on a road of rice crispies
                          wtf. Where do you live? on a glacier?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                            Just wondering if its possible to fit thinner tyres on my hybrid. Currently have 700x38c, would like em a bit thinner. 32 would be ideal, I'm guessing that would be really pushing it.

Also is it possible to replace and get better brakes, the ones that came with my bike are absolute ****e, almost impossible to centre and it always moves out of place. Cheapest of the cheap. My fault buying a cheap bike.
                            Post a pic of your brakes.

Comment

Will do tomorrow. The current phone i'm using has a ****e camera, will have to do it in daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                wtf. Where do you live? on a glacier?
                                You've not seen the bad road surfaces round here. Slight bit of ice made it quite dodgy going to work. I was debating getting normal knobbly tyres instead, but I few folks I know locally recommended these ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X