Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
    Been doing this for 4 weeks now...
    As CharlesR said, well done & hope you continue with it.

Just got our daughter a Cube 200 - yeah you can get a whole families worth of bike's at ToyrUs for what I paid but after seeing her on it and her face glowing with what she can achieve on a 20" bike with seven gears compared to her single speed Disney Princess 16" solidsteel-o-tron (they weigh basically the same) it's well worth it.

Comment

I wish i could get my daughter out biking with me , I rebuilt a retro GT Zaskar and she looks at it like it some kind of penny farthing, Damm me and not being able to fit on a 18" frame

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
        Going to be doing the cycle to work scheme this year too, anyone recommend me a hybrid up to ?1000?
        Unless you intend to actually put a rack and panniers on I'd go for a mountain bike an put some slick tyres on. I reckon the hybrids are over-priced due to less demand and the wheels are weaker. I got one a few years ago (Scott P6) and the back wheel was popping spokes badly. I had to replace the back wheel for one with more spokes (48 I think) to get some strength in there. The ride isn't appreciably better than my old MTB.

Comment

Right need to replace my rear tyre as i have teared it on some pointy rocks. Just wondering is a 700 x 35c tube ok in a 700 x 38c tyre?

Comment

I am still riding my ancient Cannondale Super V SL, knocking on 12 years ago I got it. I still think its better than a lot of the more modern suspension bikes. I just upgraded the parts on it and it rides great. I was out on it the other day and some other guy saw me and commented on it saying how he still rode his and loved it.

My main bike is a downhill bike, I just use the Cannnodale for keeping fit on/XC rides.

Comment

What's your main bike? Pics of both please?
              Mine's here: http://www.silverfish-uk.com/custome...es_gallery.php

Comment

Going to get a new MTB this month. Decisions decisions. Quite fancy the Cube Attention at the moment.

Speaking of which, never had quick release wheels before are there locks for them to prevent them getting nicked?

Also are disc brakes easy to replace?
                Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 19-04-2012, 11:46.

Comment

Good choice, love Cube, great value for money as they come up-specced compared to other top brands and the paint jobs are awesome, got myself the Analogue last year and our daughter has the 200 kids.

With the wheels they don't have locks that's why you see sometimes at railway stations and other places wheels taken off and locked to the frame so they don't go missing - you'll probably have a quick release seat post too so you'll need to take that into consideration as well.

DB pads are easy enough to replace so wouldn't worry.

Comment

Got a really good deal on a mongoose tyax comp a month or so back and have been ridding it to work to try and get myself fit again (And to get myself out of the car).

Im doing about an hours rideing a day and found it quite hard going to start with (I'm very unfit), but settling into it now. it's the first mountain bike I've owned and im quite enjoying it, I used to ride a gt vertigo bmx to uni in carslile but decided It was probably best to leave that bike in retirement and try and do the cycling thing at least half right.

Comment

A mate has just bought a Cube alanlogue and it is well specced for the price.
                      I can't agree on the paint job tho' as it isn't to my taste. A bit showy.

It was this one - http://www.cube.eu/en/hard/comp/analog-disc-blackwhite/

I use this type of QR - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=26622
                      It obviously won't stop your wheels getting nicked and you will need to carry a allen key in your toolkit but I do anyway but it will stop the opportunity thief.
                      Last edited by smouty; 19-04-2012, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
                        I can't agree on the paint job tho' as it isn't to my taste. A bit showy.

It was this one - http://www.cube.eu/en/hard/comp/analog-disc-blackwhite/
                        No worries smouty each to their own, but that isn't showy by Cube standards hehe!

Best value I think has to be Canyon, looking at them for my replacement in perhaps a couple of years, the spec level is way above other bikes because they deal direct, great reviews on the bikes (they sponsor race teams) and customer service - they even give you a torque wrench and the website even has lots of links to the various components instruction manuals/manufacturers websites;

Colours are no way showy in fact you could say they are really plain but...I've seen one in the flesh and the paint job is real quality work;

Canyon Bikes online kaufen ► Rennrad ★ Gravel ★ MTB ★ E-Bike ★ City & Trekking ► 6 Jahre Garantie ✓ 30 Tage Rückgaberecht!

Comment

Does anyone else use a route tracking app?
                          I've tried Everytrail and it is pretty good.
                          You get a nice webview when you upload you route.
                          Here is a small loop I do when I have a spare hour - http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=719016

Comment

On my andriod i use Viewranger as it has access to the opencycleroute map and you can download them before heading out. I use endomondo for clocking in what i'm doing as well.

That analog is drule worthy!
                            Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 19-04-2012, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                              No worries smouty each to their own, but that isn't showy by Cube standards hehe!
                              He likes it too. I admit my idea of not showy is a Cannondale badboy e.g. matt black everything

Comment

I use www.sports-tracker.com - the free apps are good (I've tried the symbian and the android) and the website tool is excellent.

Here's my profile: http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/view_profile/charlesr

Comment

Working...
                                X