Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Car mot failure so cycling to work today. Tyres had about 20psi in them so it.must have been a while since I used it /shame

Comment

that's the first thing I check before setting off, ok if your gonna ride off rode but doesn't half drag on Tarmac.

About time it's out on iTunes tonight's viewing on telly steve peats Wont back down mtb movie.

Comment

Leisurely ride: http://www.strava.com/activities/148941212 Bloomin swans again. Scare the pants off me every time.

Comment

It's horses that nearly scared me one time, riding a track over a local common and horse came out from nowhere and it was nearly an over the bars moment.

Travellers site next door and they let horses roam on long ropes over common well used to council put a stop to it.

just looking at how to buy on iTunes as wanna watch Won't back down:Steve peat story as I don't get along with iTunes

Comment

Charlesr, you fancy a bit of down hill riding with no rear tire

Check out

Aaron gwin at the latest uci downhill round in leogang

Comment

Gah. blocked.

Comment

Here's the race I did. Practice in the day, race at night, beer at the finish line:
                    Last edited by charlesr; 17-06-2014, 09:56.

Comment

that looks great, on on the video it looked like some people were doing the race on long travel hardtails or was it all full suspension bikes ?

the aaron gwin run is also on http://www.imbikemag.com/ that looks mad just shows how strong the dt swiss wheel build was.

I'm not sure how long its on for but i watched "wont back down" on pinkbike for free yesterday as it was peatys birthday.

Comment

Yeah, there's a bit of a hardtail thing going on - lots of people wanting burly bikes that don't need maintaining. The guy that organised the race does well in DH on his, even against the full sussers.

Caught the Gwin vid - intense! Also watched won't back down. Amazing scenes

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Yeah, there's a bit of a hardtail thing going on - lots of people wanting burly bikes that don't need maintaining. The guy that organised the race does well in DH on his, even against the full sussers.

Caught the Gwin vid - intense! Also watched won't back down. Amazing scenes
                          I'm going to the oppositie and want a full suspension, had a enough of hard tail bike too much vibration through rear end when riding over rough trails with it being a rigid frame.

Canyon have just launched a new strive model with adjustable rear shock to make it like an xc bike on the flats and a dh beast going down interesting but not sure how well adjustable frame geometry will work in the long run.

oh and i've bought some shimano am41's to wear too which took some getting used to the soles are stiff.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a decent men's bicycle? I'm willing to spend up to around 200 quid. It'll be for the odd bike ride, inspire my young kids to cycle.

Comment

MTB? How about: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/g...3/rp-prod81694
                              Or http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165499

I've no idea if you can even buy hardtails without suspension forks these days, but if you can find one at your price, it'll probably be a far better bike than a ?200 bike with suspension. Support your local bike shop - you'll need someone to service the bike I just put links to give ideas of what to look at.

Comment

A bike that could manage a little off-road and road, I guess. I saw a lot of Carrera biles in Halfords, some looked nice, but are they built to last? Anyone got a Carrera bike?

Comment

Working...
                                X