Should All Advertising Be Banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    I sometimes think those eco communities and traditional tribes people are the only truly intelligent humans. They seem to have realised nature provides everything you need.
    In the case of her (And several others in the group) I think the realisation is more that it's easy to slip out of general society and be 'at one with the earth' when their middle class mummy and daddy are absolutely minted.

Comment

I sometimes think those eco communities and traditional tribes people are the only truly intelligent humans. They seem to have realised nature provides everything you need.
      Why don't you join them?

Comment

The last time we stepped foot on any heavenly body was 39 years ago, so what do you base your optimism on?
        Well you are dealing in pretty huge hypotheticals so I am too.

Comment

Do these eco communities have wifi?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
            Well you are dealing in pretty huge hypotheticals so I am too.
            There's nothing hypothetical about us using the planet's resources at an ever-increasing rate and those resources eventually running out. It's simple mathematics. Keep subtracting from a finite number (no matter how large), you eventually get to zero.

But spaceships capable of transporting the human race light years across the galaxy to distant stars. That's science fiction right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              Do these eco communities have wifi?
              Don't be daft DT, they're totally against needless technology within the community. Though she is on facebook.............

Comment

The prospect of us running out of all of our resources is less plausible than us finding another source of them surely? Mankind has been around for a fair while so far afterall.

Comment

I haven't seen enough about these eco communities, maybe they should advertise themselves more.

And we won't be using spaceships to transport us light years away as we will be using warp gates by then.

Comment

How's this thread gone from advertising to space travel in 4 pages?!

Has anybody mentioned Hitler yet?

Comment

Hitler had an obsession with with UFO's, which travel through space.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        Hitler had an obsession with with UFO's, which travel through space.
                        Sorted. Lock the thread. There's nothing else to discuss.

Comment

My main concern is that there may well already be inter-planetary travel available but its passed me by due to a very poor advertising campaign.

Comment

You haven't seen the Weyland Yutani adverts in the breaks to X Factor yet?

Comment

My main concern is that there may well already be inter-planetary travel available but its passed me by due to a very poor advertising campaign.
                              I wasn't going to get involved in this thread for obvious reasons but that was just great

Comment

The prospect of us running out of all of our resources is less plausible than us finding another source of them surely? Mankind has been around for a fair while so far afterall.
                                Providing mankind doesn't die out or undergo an enlightening of their consciousness first, the former WILL happen. The second MIGHT happen. How is the former less plausible? I don't see the logic. As it stands right now we're speeding up the former and not even working towards the latter.

Modern man's been around for an estimated 200,000 years. Not that long when you consider the universe is 13.7 billion years old. But I fail to see the relevance of how long we've been around?

Comment

Working...
                                X