No announcement yet.

I'm going to be a Daddy!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's OK, I went in May and June, so two separate calendar months...

Yeah, "no touch" is getting a whine from our 1-year-old, but he does what he's told.

It was quite funny the other day, my wife and I were distracted by the horror of finding a fingernail in her Sainsbury's Peri Peri ribs. When we looked over, my son was happily dunking the DVD remote into my Iron Bru!

I've got an amazing video of my son with his first lemon. He's sucking on it for ages before the sour taste finally hits him and he pulls a brilliant face as he shudders... then goes in for more!

Comment

Congratulations Neil, Hope Katie & Chloe are doing great. Gaming will be a thing of the past, but im pretty sure most of us would swap some gaming for just an amazing look or reaction that only a child could bring.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        When we looked over, my son was happily dunking the DVD remote into my Irn Bru!
        A genius in the making - already realises that everything is better with the Bru!

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
          A genius in the making - already realises that everything is better with the Bru!
          i burst out laughing when i read that

i've found keys in the toilet and everything because my girls favourite is daddies keys

Comment

'Nuff congrats Neil!

Just think, all those late night feeds and nappy changes mean it isn't worth sleeping so you can work on clearing your gaming backlog!!

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys been a god send.
              Back in work today (taking Paternity next week instead) & to be fair so far so good.

Chloe slept pretty well last night.
              Had a feed at ten & was a bit grizzly but soon settled down & then slept till 3 when we decided to wake her for a feed as it seemed a long time since her last one.
              Fed fine no whinging (well except for being woken up ) & settled back down about 4ish & she slept right through then till 7 this morning so at the moment I'm running fine...just like a normal night really but I'm not expecting that to carry on...just beginners luck so far

Loved the Iron Bru story that's classic.
              Expect I'll have some similar stories to share in the future

Got the family things going on now & we are inundated with people turning up so I'm glad to be back at work lol

Neil

Comment

I'm the Daddy (again)! Had our 2nd Baby yesterday and he's a right belter weighing in at 12lb 8.5 oz! Obviously the wife had to have another c-section as our other boy (3 and half years old) was also quite a big lad.

Everything went OK and I was a nervous wreck worrying about the wife when they did the op but now he's out everything is ace. He's a proper legend and only cries when he wants his snap down him.

My last good nights sleep tonight before they come home tomorrow.

Comment

Congratulations, best wishes to everyone!

Comment

Congrats Mario.

Hope everyone is fine.

Just looked at my last post & it's so weird at how fast it's gone.

Chloe was 10 months old yesterday...it's gone so fast but everyday has been an utter blast.

Enjoy the last nights sleep...I miss my lay in's these days

Neil

Comment

But wait till she runs in in the morning giving you hugs. You (almost) feel happy to be awake an hour earlier than you'd hoped.

Congrats Mario! 12!!! Epic baybee!

Comment

Congratulations pal!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          But wait till she runs in in the morning giving you hugs. You (almost) feel happy to be awake an hour earlier than you'd hoped.

Congrats Mario! 12!!! Epic baybee!
                          Lol at the moment I get better than that...her cot is next to our bed as we live in a 1 bed flat at the moment while we are bigger house/flat hunting & at about 9.15-9.30 at the weekends we are greeted by her standing up in her cot looking at us over her bars & the smile & noises we get when we wake up makes all the early mornings worthwhile.

She's almost walking though so it's becoming a battle to keep her out of everything.

Can barely remember life before her to be honest.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Lol at the moment I get better than that...her cot is next to our bed as we live in a 1 bed flat at the moment while we are bigger house/flat hunting & at about 9.15-9.30 at the weekends we are greeted by her standing up in her cot looking at us over her bars & the smile & noises we get when we wake up makes all the early mornings worthwhile.

She's almost walking though so it's becoming a battle to keep her out of everything.

Can barely remember life before her to be honest.

Neil
                            Really happy for you and your missus, Neil.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Yeah I've not had a ly-in for over 3 years lol

Comment

Congrats Mark.

My baby girl is due in less than four weeks and I'm so excited! The past eight months have flown by, much quicker than I could have imagined.

Been for a 4D scan and she looks beautiful. I just know the moment she arrives with be the best of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X