Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza Rumination / Appreciation Thread (PRAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
    Are there any good frozen pizzas that you guys have enjoyed from supermarkets etc?
    I hate the damn things myself.
    I don't know if they are sold in the UK, but Dr. Oetker and Grandiosa pizzas are quite nice for frozen pizzas.

Comment

Do you guys get Goodfellas in the UK? They do really good frozen pizzas, at least in the thinner base variety (their thick base ones can be heavy going). Their pepperoni ones are really tasty and if you let them cook that bit longer, the pepperoni goes quite crispy around the edges and that's a treat.

Comment

Best pizza in Hong Kong is at a place called Paisanos... http://www.paisanos.com.hk/gallery.html
        Perfect base and authentic toppings and it contains none of this muslim friendly pepperoni that we seem to get in the UK.
        It also sells the largest pizza in HK which is 24" and if you can eat it in an hour you get it for free and get your name on a plaque in the shop!

Comment

I just get the Asda Smart Price pizzas or Tesco Value and add my own bits on top. They're probably chock-full of god-knows-what, though.

Comment

Anyone tried this? I felt it worthy of mention in any case...

Comment

It's madness! I would eat one though just for the experience.

Comment

Not had these for a while but in my opinion these are the best frozen pizzas!

Casa di Mama Pizza

Authentic Italian Pizzeria style crust topped with a spiced tomato sauce and deli meats including pepperoni, smoked ham and chunks of Italian sausage.

Comment

Skinny Pizza are probably the best in Singapore. They are expensive though and not filling at all (because they reckon to be healthy). I reckon I could eat three or four.

Comment

New stuffed crust from pizza hut, the CROWNED CRUST. Garlic cheese butter and meatballs in the crust.... seriously, that's the stupidest junk food I think I've heard since the Double Down KFC sandwich.

Though of course, I ordered one last night. Absolutely vile.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Yeah, I like PJ as well, although I cite TeddyMeow, could do with a little bit more sauce.
                      Had a Carne something or other from PJ last Saturday with extra sauce on the base...WIN!!!

Also had their BBQ Chicken pizza. Sooooo tasty!

Defo my Dave takeaway pizza chain.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                        New stuffed crust from pizza hut, the CROWNED CRUST. Garlic cheese butter and meatballs in the crust.... seriously, that's the stupidest junk food I think I've heard since the Double Down KFC sandwich.

Though of course, I ordered one last night. Absolutely vile.
                        I've had the Double Down... I had to try it when I was in the US last time heh. At the world's first KFC no less. But I might have to try this crowned crust to compare
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I prefer a very simple pizza, tomato sauce, mozzarella topped with prosciutto, rocket and olive oil. molto bene.

Comment

Working...
                          X