The 'how to get over a break up thread'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    Personally I think ignoring the ex is often part of the problem. It delays acceptance of them leaving you/being with someone else etc. To see it happen may hurt but it could help with closure.
    Agree. Hiding from the truth (from your feelings) is never a good idea. Facing it and understanding it will set you free. Yes, it's a cliche but it's also true. It's a funny thing but living a happy life is deceptively simple and it's a pity that, as a species, we're so clever that we're stupid and over-complicate everything and can't accept things for what they are.

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
    The biggest thing for me was to learn to be happy alone and to be happy within yourself. After my last gf I just had so much fun it was inreal. I also learned to be happy in my own company which helped a great deal. I bounced from one gf to another in those years and alone time made it all better going into my next gf and now wife.
    Indeed, if you feel you're in good company when you're on your own then break ups are always easier to deal with.
    Last edited by Charlie; 11-11-2011, 14:04.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
      Smash her sister/best mate.
      You missed out mum :P

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post

Comment

Preferably all three at the same time.

Comment

I agree with people who say completely cut them out. If they've left you they don't get to have the joy of having you in their life period, they can't have it both ways. I used to find spending money on some obscene purchases I'd always wanted helped cheer me up a lot.

Comment

Seeing this thread reminds me that I saw my ex on Monday. We were actually on the same bus together...awkward! I just got on with what I was doing but I don't think I've ever seen anybody so uncomfortable in their life! I did a little inner

Comment

Spend a day watching Gianna Michaels videos.

Comment

Please delete, double post. Ta!
                  Last edited by darkangel; 12-11-2011, 00:37.

Comment

I agree that escapesim isn't really the best way of doing things, but sometimes it's the only action you feel that you can emontially take But it's so annoying sometimes! My ex said she had drawn up this whole list about what she wanted in a guy before she came to London (she's american) and that I ticked off everything, and yet she STILL broke up with me! I mean WHAT!!!!!

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                    I agree with people who say completely cut them out. If they've left you they don't get to have the joy of having you in their life period, they can't have it both ways.
                    Oh 100%!!!!! Women just don't seem to get that it's very hard for men to have Ex's as 'just friends'. ?_?

Comment

My ex said she had drawn up this whole list about what she wanted in a guy before she came to London (she's american)
                      American women tend to do bull**** things like this. Protip: don't go out with American women. I thought that kind of thing was something you just saw in films until I had a Yank gf.
                      No offence to any American ladies reading, lol.

Comment

None taken.

Ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
                          Smash her sister/best mate.
                          Thank **** someone wrote that. Was getting worried, over a page of "sensitive responses" before.

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                          And with that, the only thing I have to add is make sure you film it.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                            American women tend to do bull**** things like this. Protip: don't go out with American women. I thought that kind of thing was something you just saw in films until I had a Yank gf.
                            No offence to any American ladies reading, lol.
                            Canadians are just as bad. No apologies from me for stating that. I swear they're colder than the weather here.

You want to get over a break up? Listen to the album Stoosh by Skunk Anansie on repeat until you feel better. It's been working for me for over 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                              I agree that escapesim isn't really the best way of doing things, but sometimes it's the only action you feel that you can emontially take But it's so annoying sometimes! My ex said she had drawn up this whole list about what she wanted in a guy before she came to London (she's american) and that I ticked off everything, and yet she STILL broke up with me! I mean WHAT!!!!!

Oh 100%!!!!! Women just don't seem to get that it's very hard for men to have Ex's as 'just friends'. ?_?

I defo think the whole 'We can still be friends' thing is girl thing. Any of my past exs I've totally cut out off my life.
                              My last 2 exs are still wanting to stay in touch and be friends. One ex I still work with and I've only started talking to her recently after 9mths. She seems to have the impression that things could be what they where before it went pear shaped lol.
                              The other ex broke up with me, and has spent the last 6mths trying to get back with me. She is torturing me about staying friends and being part of my life.
                              I'm in a new relationship now, which I can honestly say is the happiest I've ever been with someone, and I don't want an ex complicating things.

Comment

Working...
                              X