Travellers occuppy my street. Advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travellers occuppy my street. Advice.

Not wanting to be nimby about it but a group of travellers/gypsies have, I assume, broken into, a locked, abandoned/empty factory premises on an industrial estate at the end of my road. Two caravans earlier this week now there's five skinny dogs and motherfukin chickens in cages what legally can be done to move them on? And who should I contact? I do not wish to bothered by people selling pegs and lucky heather. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 14-01-2012, 15:39.

Local council should be the first port of call for this.

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
      Local council should be the first port of call for this.
      Yes, am going to call them Monday morning, is there anything they can do about it tho?

Comment

They can serve a 'Notice to Quit' on them, which gives them a set deadline to leave (apparantly it's like a month normally unfortunately). On that date if they haven't moved they'll be forcibly evicted.

Comment

Lob some petrol bombs in late at night? That'll clear the buggers out.

Comment

That would usually be my 'go to' option as I'm not a live and let live type of guy. In this case however I'll phone the council. Cheers guys.

Comment

Ask them nicely to find another place to live?

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                Ask them nicely to find another place to live?
                See how far that gets you...

Comment

My Nan had this a few years ago, sadly it can take a while for it to get sorted. It sounds really negative considering the usual stereotypes around 'travellers' but it's well worth rechecking the security on your home, car, shed etc in the meantime. The sad fact is the stereotype can be lived up to, with petty theft the most common increase (it's usually the kids)

Comment

Find out who owns the property and tip them off.

Comment

Say hello?

Comment

I've reported it to the council this morning and apparently an enforcement team is going to look into. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Comment

Before you move them on, have you got any tarmacing that needs doing? This could be the time to get these pesky odd jobs out of the way. Have you also considered whether or not you'd like a new dag?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                              That would usually be my 'go to' option as I'm not a live and let live type of guy.
                              Hehe. Least you're honest about it.

How come you don't want them there? Have they done something unpleasant since arriving, or is contacting the council a preemptive move on your part?

Comment

Working...
                              X