No announcement yet.

R.I.P whitney houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you can compare domestic violence to drug abuse. The first is a third party subjecting a person to abuse against their will, the latter is self abuse sanctioned by the self. Huge difference. If she died of drug abuse, it's her fault. You can say Bobby Brown beat her, introduced her to drugs, gave her the drugs, that she was young and naive and in love and vulnerable and and so on and so forth, but she's still responsible for her own actions. She took the drugs. She is to blame.

A very close friend of mine overdosed on drugs a few weeks ago just before Christmas and got rushed to hospital where he thought he was gonna die. He didn't blame me for giving him the drugs, he didn't blame the dealer I bought the drugs from, he didn't blame the people who produced the drugs, he didn't blame the person who first introduced him and got him into drugs, he blamed himself, and did so because he took those drugs of his own free will. No sense passing the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
      I don't think you can compare domestic violence to drug abuse.
      Sorry what I was trying to say was that she was so influenced by Bobby that she just took the drugs like she took the abuse. Why? Because she loved him & trusted him. LOVE was the drug. Silly I know, but like I said love is blind to some ppl usually due to something from past events in their life. U see it everywhere. Women who stay wtih their partner who beats them or treats them like dirt. There are more than 2 sides to the coin.

Comment

Courtesy of BBC News:

Record label Sony has apologised for increasing the price of two Whitney Houston albums in the UK, hours after her death on Saturday. The wholesale cost of the two LPs - Houston's Ultimate Collection and Greatest Hits - went up by about ?3 each, causing an automatic price increase on iTunes.

In a statement, Sony said the albums had been "mistakenly mispriced". It added the error was "immediately corrected" once it had been discovered.

Houston fans had taken to Twitter describing the price hike as "greedy" and "shameful".

Full article here.

One word - disgusting.

Comment

Yeah right. Mistake my arse. 15 years ago when I worked in HMV they did the same thing when John Denver died. Parasites they are!

Comment

I think it's far more disgusting that vast swathes of the public will decide to buy someone's stuff BECAUSE THEY DIED. Changing a price due to high demand is normal.

Comment

Why would the fans complain about price hikes anyway, if you think about it, if they were really fans they'd have already bought the music. That's unless they're just jumping on the grief bandwagon because a celebrity has died. This popularised outpouring of grief some people seem to take for famous people they've probably had little interest in up to their death is wearing a little thin. A girl at work was banging on about it, and how incredibly upset she was, so I asked her what her favourite Whitney song was, reply "I will always love you" fair enough, what's your second favourite? "Ummm, I only know that one..........". Yeah, massive part of your life then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                I think it's far more disgusting that vast swathes of the public will decide to buy someone's stuff BECAUSE THEY DIED.
                Can't see why that would be all that disgusting. Death is a fairly big thing, she was all over the news and it is very common (and quite normal) for people to look back on someones career when this happens and want to re-experience some of the music they would have heard but maybe haven't ever actually bought, or bought on cassette or CD back in the day and they've lost a long time ago. It also brings a sort of completion to the whole thing. A 'Best of' will really just be the best of, rather than the best to this particular point. Can't possibly imagine why that would be more disgusting than the sound of a cash register and dollar signs for eyes when that singer dies.

Comment

Touche. I only really said it to be devil's advocate anyway to keep the conversation flowing - it's great when someone dies - gives us something extra to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Yeah right. Mistake my arse. 15 years ago when I worked in HMV they did the same thing when John Denver died. Parasites they are!
                    Parasites leech off the living and in most cases die when their host dies, but I get what you're trying to say. The fact that prices were hiked within hours of the news of her death shows the mindset that some people have and how they favour making money over decency.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      it's great when someone dies.
                      QFT.

No wait...

Unless it's someone you know/care about then it's a bit sad

Comment

I left work the other day and the shopping centre were playing "I Will Always Love You" through the centre.

Bleurgh!!

Comment

What's the difference between a diver and a diva?

[HIDE]A diver can breath underwater[/HIDE]

"It's not right but it's ok"

[HIDE]Says Whitney Houstons coroner as he unbuckles his belt[/HIDE]

Comment

Knock knock

[HIDE]knock knock[/HIDE]

[HIDE]Knock knock knock knock knock knock knock[/HIDE]

[HIDE]Hurry up Whitney I need a ****![/HIDE]

Comment

Working...
                            X