No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Forgot to mention...as well as portering, I do a good line in confict resolution and counselling on the side.

(Aware this probly got sorted via PM, btw!)

Comment

Quite interesting to see the reaction difference between being called a bit rapey and then a rapist.
      Can you imagine working in the rapeseed oil business? Those jokes would be endless.

Comment

Man Plan!

Comment

"Rapey" isn't offensive. I'd be totally rapey with Teddymeow, for some reason (username?) I picture him looking like an Ewok. And then he said he gets abused at work you called him a C**T (EvilBoris! Shame on you). So now I just want to keep him as a pet :S Well, like a real life Pokemon...

See! This is why work shouldn't force me to take holiday... I'm back on Monday though so you won't have me trolling your forum then.

Comment

You proper love Teddymeow. Best keep an eye on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
              "Rapey" isn't offensive. I'd be totally rapey with Teddymeow, for some reason (username?) I picture him looking like an Ewok. And then he said he gets abused at work you called him a C**T (EvilBoris! Shame on you). So now I just want to keep him as a pet :S Well, like a real life Pokemon...

See! This is why work shouldn't force me to take holiday... I'm back on Monday though so you won't have me trolling your forum then.
              Courtesy of Urban Dictionary:

1. Rapey

A guy who's creepy, and hugs or kisses inappropriately. He has a rapist lure. You don't think he would do it but definitely gives off that vibe. i.e. creepy hugger at the office.

2. Rapey

Someone who has a creepy, I-want-to-get-into-your-pants look. Their leer often turns into action, and before you know it they will tell you that it wasn't rape because you liked it.

3. Rapey

In description of a certain area or person in reference to the possability of being raped by said place/person.

There are more descriptions but none of them are nice and you get the general idea.

Comment

You'd get rapey with an ewok?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  Courtesy of Urban Dictionary:

1. Rapey

A guy who's creepy, and hugs or kisses inappropriately. He has a rapist lure. You don't think he would do it but definitely gives off that vibe. i.e. creepy hugger at the office.

2. Rapey

Someone who has a creepy, I-want-to-get-into-your-pants look. Their leer often turns into action, and before you know it they will tell you that it wasn't rape because you liked it.

3. Rapey

In description of a certain area or person in reference to the possability of being raped by said place/person.

There are more descriptions but none of them are nice and you get the general idea.
                  Both are shocking words to use anywhere i don't know where people stared using it recently (or why) but I dont and find it very offensive oh and it's pretty obvious why the reaction was different

Explore Oxford Languages, the home of world-renowned language data.

If you had said it to me I would be trying to find out where you live as I certainly would not let it lie. (to be clear I would report you for it)
                  Last edited by ETC; 12-04-2012, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    You'd get rapey with an ewok?
                    They're the little fat bear things in Star Wars right? Yeah? Totally! I'd hug the life out of one of those mofos.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                      Both are shocking words to use anywhere i don't know where people stared using it recently (or why) but I dont and find it very offensive oh and it's pretty obvious why the reaction was different

Explore Oxford Languages, the home of world-renowned language data.

If you had said it to me I would be trying to find out where you live as I certainly would not let it lie.
                      I never said rapist? I just said rapey. If that offends you then you'd hate my Facebook page/friends/uni. Pretty much every picture on Facebook is of me grinning with my arms around some poor unfortunate and the words "OMG Kate, you're so rapey" under it. Maybe it's just a "youth" thing? You know, "jive talking", I'm just too 'down wid da kidz' obviously

Comment

I come back one day later & all chaos breaks loose, LULLLZ

Comment

Chojin - Big mutha trucker [Class 1 HGV ] 10-4

Comment

I never said rapist? I just said rapey. If that offends you then you'd hate my Facebook page/friends/uni. Pretty much every picture on Facebook is of me grinning with my arms around some poor unfortunate and the words "OMG Kate, you're so rapey" under it. Maybe it's just a "youth" thing? You know, "jive talking", I'm just too 'down wid da kidz' obviously
                            I was not addressing your comment, and it's not a "youth" thing it's a "moron" thing. I worked for a fair few years for the police dealing with these types of cases and the fallout they cause, but now it's a "youth" thing "jive talking" and fun words to call each other are you ****ing kidding me, and I wouldn't look at a friend face page if you paid me.

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                              If you had said it to me I would be trying to find out where you live as I certainly would not let it lie. (to be clear I would report you for it)
                              Haha. Fair enough. But for the record words only take on meaning in the mind. I call my brother a queer (but I don't consider the reality of homophobia a laughing matter, and I call my Muslim friend a terrorist but I don't think real racism is the least bit funny). It's all just words, it's peoples actions that we should focus on, that cause damage, rape in the real world is clearly a dispicable and disgusting act, that someone can use the word 'rapist' or the 'idea' of rape jokingly doesn't mean they don't feel that the reality of it is disgusting, it just means they can twist it in their mind into an abstraction and a source of humour.

I think the moment we can no longer joke about something then we enter a very dangerous place because some people get offended by all manner of things and where do you draw the line? Sexist jokes on here don't seem to attract much attention yet some people in the world get upset by them. How do you decide who we can and cannot risk offending?
                              Last edited by Charlie; 12-04-2012, 17:39.

Comment

Your friends sound like the kind of person I find unlikable.

Comment

Working...
                                X