No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll be competing in Judo regionals next year so Operation Meathead must recommence. Going to aim for 101kg of near mindless brute-force unstoppability. The challenge is to get to that weight while also maintaining a relative degree of cardio. At 41yo.

As always the hardest part is going to be the diet. I’m going to aim towards getting there with no protein or mass gain powders this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      It's been an avg of 2-3 times a week kids allowing. They put me on a spread of stuff from cross trainer, running, bike, rowing, lats, abdom etc to focus on weight loss and strengthening up my lower back from hoisting the kids all the time. There's an element of weights in there but no more than about 10 minutes worth of work each time. The cross trainer is the one that seems to hit me most so I'm leaning to increasing the level and time spent on it
      This may sound obvious, but if you have been going 10 weeks now, it should be safe to do 3-4 times a week, but you'll need to find a way to do it around family life. This might mean working out at home sometimes using body weight exercises and bands etc.

Comment

I've written an article on correct running posture, including a 14 minute video on general posture alignment.

Comment

I've tried mixing up the routine and staying clear of the scales for the next few weeks, getting a third go is going to be very inconsistent but between the two approaches I should have at least get a basis on what is working and what isn't for moving forward

Comment

If you aren't already, then start measuring yourself (or getting someone to measure you is better). Hips, waist, thighs, chest.
            Like the scales, no more than once a week and preferably once every couple of weeks. No need to obsess about it - slower improvements always beat quick wins that you just bounce back from

Comment

When you do your measuring etc always do it at a similar time period so you are comparing like with like.

I weigh myself every Friday just before I get in the bath.

Comment

Anyone run on a treadmill? I made a pace speed converter tool. It does mph to kph etc. too. Bookmark it for the gym.

Comment

I'm about to run 50k on the South Downs Way. It's messy out there.

Comment

I did one this morning (and yesterday, and CD and BD) Charles - well if you take the zero out.

Good luck with it.

Comment

It was horrific
                      Rivers of mud.
                      1 mile vertical.
                      6.5hrs.

Comment

Cripes, sounds like it. Great time though all things considered well done.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Congrats Charles
                            I won't lie & will never understand running for fun it's definitely not for me but that is commitment & definitely an achievement at this time of year

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              It was horrific
                              Rivers of mud.
                              1 mile vertical.
                              6.5hrs.
                              Yeah that's crazy impressive. My stamina has always been ****e, so I'm way impressed at people who can do this stuff. Well done.

Comment

New trainers came today my others had reached and beyond 400k, hopefully start these tomorrow;

Comment

Working...
                                X