No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's useful unfortunately. The adaptations your body makes in terms of blood plasma volume are awesome.

Comment

Did a review of the adidas Terrex Speed Ultra. Lovely shoe. I expect I'll be using them and the South Downs Way 50 miler in April.

Comment

Really good review Charles enjoyed reading it, lots of in-depth stuff I never knew existed in shoe tech.

Still managing my own runs at the weekend despite having an off on the MTB a few weeks ago, broken elbow and wrist.

Comment

@charlesr I know you're a fitness god and a top-notch runner 'n that, and I only do a few km a week to sweat out the beer, but even I know that getting towed by a dog is just cheating: https://runningversity.com/charles-rodmell/

Comment

It's definitely cheat mode. Doesn't let you go through walls or trees though

Comment

Sound on (terrifying downhill with my Husky)

Comment

It's always a special occasion when I have a reason to dip into a thread I never visit or have literally never posted in but looking at some of the running times and workout numbers in the last page or two is almost stomach turning

For the first time in my life I've joined a gym and am beginning the process of getting in better shape (hopefully). It's only light and general so far in terms of what they've suggested I do. Emphasis is on weight loss and my lower back which has taken a bit of a toll in the last 3-4 years thanks to three increasingly heavier and wrigglier children. The weights section is a whole other land I'm not venturing into any time soon. Literally full of guys who never leave it unless there's a girl they want to perv on. Pray for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  It's always a special occasion when I have a reason to dip into a thread I never visit or have literally never posted in but looking at some of the running times and workout numbers in the last page or two is almost stomach turning

For the first time in my life I've joined a gym and am beginning the process of getting in better shape (hopefully). It's only light and general so far in terms of what they've suggested I do. Emphasis is on weight loss and my lower back which has taken a bit of a toll in the last 3-4 years thanks to three increasingly heavier and wrigglier children. The weights section is a whole other land I'm not venturing into any time soon. Literally full of guys who never leave it unless there's a girl they want to perv on. Pray for me.
                  Cool. Hope you are still enjoying it a week later! Main thing is to build up gradually. It will take your body months to get used to any of the activities - listen to your body. If it's hurting, take time off. It might take you a while to figure out the difference between hurt and ache, because it will all ache to start with.

Comment

Weighed in this morning after a couple of months of, while still hitting my daily step and activity targets, not logging my food as religiously as I did.

To my surprise I'm sitting at 88.5kgs (a smidge under 14 stone) and I'm in a state of almost disbelief!

I

Comment

[MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]

After some advice. My partner wants a fitbit for Christmas to replace her broken one, she whats a decent tracker that has the same functions as a fitbit but better battery life? They all seem to be much of a muchness, 5 days max if that. Or are there any fitbits that have improved battery life? My searching suggests no.

Comment

[MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION]
                        The "sense" has a 6+ day battery (12hr gps).
                        If battery life is the most important thing, some of the Coros watches go on forever.

Comment

About 10 weeks in, still weighing more than I started. From this week I'm going to lean harder into cardio and try rejigging food routine

Comment

Think muscle is heavier than fat so if you are doing weights that could be a reason

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              About 10 weeks in, still weighing more than I started. From this week I'm going to lean harder into cardio and try rejigging food routine
                              What do you do when there? How many times a week?

Comment

It's been an avg of 2-3 times a week kids allowing. They put me on a spread of stuff from cross trainer, running, bike, rowing, lats, abdom etc to focus on weight loss and strengthening up my lower back from hoisting the kids all the time. There's an element of weights in there but no more than about 10 minutes worth of work each time. The cross trainer is the one that seems to hit me most so I'm leaning to increasing the level and time spent on it

Comment

Working...
                                X