No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like someones gone at you with a Dewalt and wood screws and called it a day in that xray 🤣

Comment

Ouch [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION]! You fell onto your feet or onto your back?

My Dad's back injury was from a ladder fall and he disintegrated three vertebrae in his lower back, leading to permanent nerve damage (loss of feeling in one leg, some loss of feeling in the other, plus losing full control of his legs - had to walk by swaggering his weight from one leg to the other, and kidney damage). In the 70s, treatment wasn't sophisticated enough to fix it, so he soldiered on for 40 years.

It affected me, as well. Ladders are dangerous and I avoid them as much as possible. For anything over couple of foot, I use scaffold platforms. More cumbersome, but a bit safer.
      Last edited by gunrock; 14-01-2022, 08:40.

Comment

This is why i never use a ladder without a spotter securing the feet, or at the very least something over 50kg against the feet stopping any sliding out, sometimes you can’t but help use one due to tight space etc.

Comment

I slipped off near the bottom, turned to try and get a foot down, but the foot in the ladder stayed stuck where it was - it was the twisting action while hanging that got my knee. Knees are immensely strong under load (e.g. walking and running), but when they are loose (foot off the floor) and being asked to do stuff, they struggle, so footballers kicking a ball that is stopped by another player's foot for example. 2 years of very little exercise beyond walking and a year of starting again as a beginner runner and I'm only just getting back to muscle strength really. Currently around 21minutes for a 5K, whereas just before the ladder, I was around 16minutes and knocking on the door of superfast-for-age. Gah. Oh well. Didn't die. Can still run.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Charles, your fitness and running were awe inspiring and I know it was a major part of your life.

Like you say, we have to work with what we we have. Best wishes, mate.

Comment

Thought I’d get back on my bike today and test my shoulder
              went well felt the same as before the crash did a few miles doing small drops to test the impact and felt good (no pain or discomfort)
              It’ll be a while before I get back to riding the crazy downhill stuff again but it’s a good start so pretty happy

Now hopefully back to work end Jan which is what my goal was about 9 weeks from my op although work thinks the end Feb

so hopefully get out and get some more miles in my legs and lungs over the next couple weeks and slowly get back my fitness

Comment

Funny to see how much more busy the gym is this week. Currently... heavier than when I started
                Man alive. From Monday it's a complete reworking of my eating pattern which is just too at the mercy atm of the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Funny to see how much more busy the gym is this week. Currently... heavier than when I started
                  Man alive. From Monday it's a complete reworking of my eating pattern which is just too at the mercy atm of the kids.
                  I'll be joining you there. I just hooked up the Wii Fit board to the PC and used it as a set of scales (I don't own any scales). It appears I'm 8KG over what I used to be when I was running fast And it's not muscle lol.

Meanwhile, here's my Saucony Endorphin Speed 2 review. It's the first "super shoe" I've tried. Pretty fun.
                  Last edited by charlesr; 26-01-2022, 10:54.

Comment

Just over month to go until my 50 miler. Starting to brick it a little bit now. I'm totally not ready. Got up to 14.5 miles of hills last week non-stop and felt that was plenty Although in the race, I'll be walking up most of the hills, so I'm hoping that will get me there. In reality I think it will get me to about 35 miles and then I'll have a hissy fit.

I did an article about how to run a faster 5k.

Comment

Bit more on my bike today nearly killed me haha
                      But back to work tomorrow (after some red tape) so should regain fitness pretty quickly (hopefully) as my job is all walking upto 20+ miles a day

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
                        Bit more on my bike today nearly killed me haha
                        But back to work tomorrow (after some red tape) so should regain fitness pretty quickly (hopefully) as my job is all walking upto 20+ miles a day
                        Blimey. 20 miles!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Blimey. 20 miles!!!
                          haha yeah give or take a couple, I work for in distribution for a massive bread company ��
                          So spend most of my time on my feet. Which tbh is pretty easy although I reserve the right to change my mind these next couple weeks/months

Comment

Remember those Choose your own adventure books? I've been busy making a version for 10K Running Plans. I'll be adding other distances soon.

Comment

Just heard back from my ballot for the London Marathon; Didn't get accepted and this is now my 3rd attempt over the past 5 years.

Anyone here had any luck for 2022?

Comment

It's daft. They should move to a queuing system. Sign up. Guaranteed place in the queue like "2 years". No refunds.

Comment

Working...
                                X