No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow well done, very impressive! I love this thread - gives a real sense of progress from everybody.

rowing update for those that care -
    Went to Jersey for the sark-jersey race, sadly cancelled due to conditions. Was a fun weekend regardless but gutted we didnt get to race. The rescheduled race happened today but sadly we couldnt make it. Sounds like it was good one though.

Raced an 8k followed by 4k today, came second and first. Really pleasing result

Done a few big events recently - in the past four weekends ive raced about 90k!

Comment

Cheers Pete!

Shame your race was rescheduled but good results to finish 1st and 2nd.

Do you ever feel raced out? Like you, I've been racing a lot recently and I think I'm going to take a hiatus from 10k racing until September.

Comment

Yep, most certainly. Each race usually takes up an entire day so I've not had much free time recently, though that's not to say I don't enjoy the days because they are usually a good laugh. No more races scheduled until September, which I think is the last outdoor race of the season. I'll probably start training for the indoor events after that!

Comment

Your a beast taka that's a big milestone keeping that pace up

Comment

Thanks fish!

18 months ago when I first started running 5ks and Parkruns, I never thought I could get below 20 minutes and just hitting 23 or 22 minutes was hard enough.

The next big milestone will be a sub-40 10k, which will require much more work...

Comment

Anyone done P90x or insanity workout? Got ramadaan coming up and want to get back into shape straight after.

Comment

Have done p90x and started Insanity, currently waiting for Focus T25. They work but they are a big commitment, especially p90 which is 90 minutes a day, six days a week for 90 days. I hear p90x2 tweaks a few things to make it more interesting (especially reworking the horrible Yoga session from the original - ugh, that thing was nightmare level exercise!)

I was really struggling towards the end of p90x as I was losing so much time in the evening, so when I started Insanity I got flashbacks and ended up dropping it pretty quickly. Focus T25 is 25 minutes a day, five days a week for ten weeks, which I think is much more manageable though I've not heard how good it is. Will get into either Insanity or Focus after the rowing season is over.

They sound like another online fad but to their credit they DO work, simply because they are a really good cardio workout!

Comment

I really want to start Insanity next month but dont know if I will always be able to spare 45 mins Mon-Sat for 63 days!

Comment

Certainly give it a go, even if you can't manage six days a week it'll still do you good. They are bloody hard if you are unfit though

Comment

After Tough Mudder I've decided that obstacle runs are for me. The variety of training required, the atmosphere of everyone in it together in the mud - the whole thing was great. So, after summoning some courage, I've signed up for the Spartan Races - there's the Sprint (3 miles and 15 obstacles) in August , Super (8 miles and 20 obstacles) in September, and finishing with the Beast (12 miles and 25 obstacles) in November. My biggest concern is how cold it will be being wet in the middle of Nov! Anyways, training starts now! Circuits - mostly kettle bells and body weight stuff - 5 lunches a week at the gym and running Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday evenings. Now I've got something to train for I feel pumped and excited about working out again Does anyone else find the same thing?

Comment

So, this week I've finally decided to monitor my calorie intake with an Android application and I'm finally realising the importance of exercise as a means of burning off some calories and aiming toward a target weight of 10.5 stone. (I'm currently 12.8.)

I've never really needed to exercise before and the local gyms are too expensive at around ?45 per month, so I've decided to get an exercise bike to get some cardiovascular exercise done at home. The bike seems like a good idea as I can slip on some headphones while I use it but I don't have a good idea of what would be a good model or brand to buy. I was looking at this on Amazon but I'm really not sure if that's a good price or if it'd be of good quality.

Can anybody offer some perspective or advice?

Comment

That looks good. I'd look for one that can be tipped back onto rollers so stick it in the corner of the room after use.

Comment

Man, how tall are you?

10.5 stone is quite a goal. Good luck!

Comment

Is it myfitnesspal? That's the best one

you probably better off getting a cheap eliptical better in a home imo

Comment

It is. So far it's been very helpful in highlighting where the calories are in my recipes- usually it's just one or two ingredients that make it that much worse, so I can alter my current recipes for something more healthy. I can see myself scanning the backs of jars the next time I go to the supermarket!

I've considered an elliptical trainer but they seem a bit more expensive. As long as I can watch Commander Adama's sweet, granite face while sweating and grunting, I'll be happy.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Man, how tall are you?

10.5 stone is quite a goal. Good luck!
                                I'm 5'10" but my BMI is 24.7, bordering on overweight. My diet isn't really that unhealthy but I've put on weight from studying in front of a computer for the last four years and eating when I get bored or run into a problem, without any exercise. Adds up eventually! I was 10.5 stone forever, so I want to burn off the excess fat and stay a bit fitter, as well as getting a good routine in place so I don't end up being a middle-aged fatty when I get a bit older.

Comment

Working...
                                X