No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a Polar HRM too so you know how many calories you have burnt off.

Comment

Withings Pulse is finally meant to show up today, looking forwards to trying it out this coming week.

My weight loss is still going on but has slowed down a fair bit - as expected. Since starting though, I've gone down 3 BMI points which I guess is pretty neat.

Comment

MTB race next weekend and then the Thunder Run the following weekend. I'm quite nervous about the latter because I haven't done nearly enough running over the last few months and whilst I'm certain I can nail a 42min 10k, I'm wondering what it's going to be like doing 4 of them in 24hr. I think I'll have to take it easy on the first couple to ensure I don't injure myself. Training over the last few weeks has been good though (but tough!)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Get a Polar HRM too so you know how many calories you have burnt off.
          This X100

they are brilliant

Comment

Fuse, does your Withings scale do body composition or is it just weight and BMI?

I'm after a high tech scale of some sort because I'm fed up of going round to my parents' to use theirs. I've seen one Tanita one which can link up with my Garmin GPS watch to constantly update it with my body composition for training data and training effect.

Comment

Mine just does weight and BMI but I believe the newer edition (that came out a week after I got mine, naturally) does? WS-30 I think is the model number

Comment

Also interested in getting a decent set of scales. According to the ones I've got I've lost 8lbs. According to the ones at the gym I've put on 6lbs and my bodyfat is over 30%.

Could do with a set of those NHS scales as they are bang on.

*and it's a potential excuse to see that nurse again*

Comment

I have these. Nothing super posh but if you weigh at the same time of day (like mondays at 7am) in the same position they are amazingly accurate. Whoever in the reviews that couldn't get an accurate read didn't read the instructions or reset first

Last edited by ETC; 12-07-2013, 22:32.

Comment

If you have the cash get a Tanita scale with fat measurement. Very reliable. Trusted source for personal trainers

Comment

Will have a look to see if I can find a Tanita in town today.

Have a local 10k road race tomorrow, so I took it easy-ish at today's Parkrun. Paula Radcliffe was in the park giving an interview ahead of today and tomorrow's athletics, cheering us on over each lap; not everyday you have a world record holder spectate your Saturday jog!

Comment

Cool!

I did 4X 1km sprints yesterday with a short warm down in between to let my pulse drop down to 135 or so.
                        3:39, 3:45, 3:51, 3:48
                        Did 1km jog warm up and a few km warm down at the end.

Seemed easier than the same last week.

Comment

11 miles running around Epping forest this morning and it felt great. Very hot though.

Comment

11 miles here too. I cheated though by using a bike (I'm out of shape so I'm allowed.)

Comment

Kayaked about 12 miles yesterday and rowed about the same this morning, I think I've over done it, feel so drained this afternoon!

Comment

Good efforts, guys; this heat will really speed up fatigue.

Did the Wythall Hollywood 10k this morning and scored another new 10k PB of 42:29 in the blistering heat. Nice local race with a real community feel, though I did end up running large portions of it on my own. One observation I made was that nobody seemed to understand racing lines, with everybody hugging the kerb regardless of whether it was the shortest distance or not. It was an undulating course and my hill work has paid dividends on the inclines but I need to work on my descents where I tend to slack off the pace.

Comment

Working...
                                X