No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played football just now - 5 a side thing.

I now actually can't move. I've not put my body through that type of cardio in a decade.

I was trying to kick the ball on the volley at some points and my legs were actually giving way - no jk, full on couldn't use my legs.

Mad really as visually I'm starting to look in alright shape lol

Comment

Here's my review of the adios boost
      Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Here's my review of the adios boost
        Love it.
        Nice write up charlsr. I'm after a new pair or running shoes, currently using a pair of Solomon speed cross 3, which I love. However I'm so heavy set, not obese just a very dense heavy body, as such I always hit the ground with a large impact. How are these on road absorbing impacts? Or if you have any advice on this front it would be appreciated, my legs can't take the impact like they could 5 years ago.

On another front, did my first sub 30min 5.5k last night for well over a year. 3 weeks of training and proper dieting are starting to make there effects known now. Always a struggle after a year of not training properly and a crap diet. Not quick at all but chopping away at that total time all the time now, couple of months I should get it down again.

Comment

Been using the Pulse now for a few days and I like it a lot. I'm using it to keep track of my steps, my sleep, and my heart rate. Both myself and my girlfriend had issues with getting them set up and paired, but after we got them to do it once, it's been smooth running since.

Not sure I'd recommend it for the more serious running crowd (it's distance/calorie comparisons vs what the treadmill thinks seem a little out), but for folks like myself who are just trying to get fit and lose some weight, it seems like a pretty neat gadget. It's super small, clips onto things nice and tight, and the display is clear with a decent array of options. There's a wrist strap thing to wear when you go to bed, and it's a 5 second job to move it into sleep mode and tell it tracking that side of thigns.

In terms of how I'm personally getting on with, I am already kicking myself for signing up to doing 10,000 steps a day in this heat. Still, I've kept it up so far, with it mentally blackmailing me into walking home from the station rather than jumping on a bus, trying to find little errands I can give myself to up the step count, and so on. I've not really taken much from the sleep monitoring yet, but it's super interesting to see how much time I'm spending in deep/light sleep, how many times I wake up, and so on. Anyone who knows a good resource to tell me about what sleep patterns are healthier and whether I should be worrying or not would be appreciated

Having this and the wifi scales is doing exactly what I wanted - something I can keep updated with absolutely minimal effort, but I can dip into and view the stats of whenever I want.

Comment

I wouldn't get the adios boost unless you run very smoothly and are used to running in race shoes. Instead go for the adistar boost if you are a serious about running or energy boost if it's just a casual thing.

Comment

Or look into spending a few months learning to land mid or forefoot strike to reduce impact.

Comment

Just got back from the gym. LOVED IT.

I think I've found my thing or whatever you call it. Pushed myself a bit too hard again (bloody rocky films making me go ott) but I'm so, so glad I did a bit of home training before going. Quite a few pro rugby players were about and MMA guys - good, god the mma guy in question was shredded beyond belief.

Going to kick the training up a few gears now.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Or look into spending a few months learning to land mid or forefoot strike to reduce impact.
                  Ive already got a forefoot strike, i run naturally that way, and my posture is fine. I just seem to have the density of a nutron star which doesn't help my legs. Just looking for a pair of shoes with loads of padding and cushion. Ive tried gel inserts and all sort of impact inserts, but they really mess with my balance and strike so had to ditch them. To give you an idea my brooks ghost 2's i had only lasted 4 months of running before they were squished to useless point.

Comment

Does your heel touch down shortly after the forefoot Is that the main point of heavy impact? Boost won't compress over time nearly so much as Eva. Sounds like you need the adistar though for max damping.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 18-07-2013, 11:25.

Comment

Nice one Kit

Comment

I took up the Gym nearly 2 months ago and went from barely being able to run 1km (Stop starting) to running 5km at a constant 10km/hr in just over 30 minutes, lift weights and I now go to the gym every lunchtime at work. I'm a convert!

However, although I've changed certain things in my diet, I'm not fully on one yet. I eat healthier, swapped out breakfast cereal for Muesli and Porridge but that's about it.

Does anyone have basic ideas for main meals to have (Ideally, I like to have something I can make quickly) and any tips?

I'm 6ft and weigh 13 1/2 stone and ideally, would love to drop to 12 stone, so I'm after a weight loss diet.

Comment

Nice going, everyone. Good to see this thread nice and busy.

Fishbowl - you're off to a good start with a forefoot strike but might I suggest possibly working on the form to go with the strike. I like to think I'm pretty light on my feet but when I'm tired or going hard, I do tend to slap my feet down. Sometimes, I'll say to myself to imagine I'm running on egg shells to control the landing.

Kit - glad to hear you've found your mojo. When you enjoy what you're doing, it makes it so much easier to commit to the schedule.

Wools - one of my fave and fast dinners to make is a simple chow mein. Takes me maybe 15 minutes including prep time to chop some veg (typically onions, peppers and mushrooms), some chicken or other meat and to par-boil the noodles. I don't add any seasoning or sauces apart from some dark soy sauce and that's it!

Swapping out little things can make a huge impact. I now pretty much only drink water and white coffee on days where I'm not training, and days where I am I'll have a weak sports drink before the session. I don't have any fruit juices or softdrinks unless I'm out for a meal etc.

Comment

I literally just made a 300 calorie pizza if you like pizza.

pre heat oven to 200

One of them new Warburton square wraps on grease proof paper on a baking sheet
                            Italian plum tomatoes (tinned) crush them in a bowl (handcrush) put a small covering over the wrap
                            50-60 grams of Ripped Mozzarella
                            handful of fresh basil leaves

optional
                            salt, pepper, crushed chili flakes

8 mins

serve with a rocket salad and a small drizzle of Olive/Rapeseed oil

Negative for me I tweaked my Plantar (again )
                            still PT tomorrow and I'm gonna go get my gait checked

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                              Wools - one of my fave and fast dinners to make is a simple chow mein. Takes me maybe 15 minutes including prep time to chop some veg (typically onions, peppers and mushrooms), some chicken or other meat and to par-boil the noodles. I don't add any seasoning or sauces apart from some dark soy sauce and that's it!

Swapping out little things can make a huge impact. I now pretty much only drink water and white coffee on days where I'm not training, and days where I am I'll have a weak sports drink before the session. I don't have any fruit juices or softdrinks unless I'm out for a meal etc.
                              I'm a bit lazy, I've successfully changed my breakfast at home and my lunch at work to a healthy option and love it. But when I get home, all bets are off and I want a large dinner! We've slowly begun buying healthily but I always get stuck for ideas when I'm doing the weekly shop.

Thanks for the recipe!

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                              I literally just made a 300 calorie pizza if you like pizza.

pre heat oven to 200

One of them new Warburton square wraps on grease proof paper on a baking sheet
                              Italian plum tomatoes (tinned) crush them in a bowl (handcrush) put a small covering over the wrap
                              50-60 grams of Ripped Mozzarella
                              handful of fresh basil leaves

optional
                              salt, pepper, crushed chili flakes

8 mins

serve with a rocket salad and a small drizzle of Olive/Rapeseed oil

Negative for me I tweaked my Plantar (again )
                              still PT tomorrow and I'm gonna go get my gait checked
                              Delicious, another one for the pot, thanks!

Comment

I'm so getting some of these. http://news.adidas.com/US/adidas-unl...0-414ab5026df8

Comment

Working...
                                X