No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that was interesting. Went out on the first proper run for a few months, although I did do a session of mostly walking on Saturday, and I just ran further than ever without stopping!

I think it is to do with the way I ran. Just very gently and landing on my heals. Felt great to be able to do this and I think sets me up to run longer distances soon.

Have also been off dairy of all types (bar a little bit of cheese on my Wimpy burger) for a few days.

Comment

Running smoothly is very important. Crashing down will batter your legs eventually.
      Additionally, the smoother you are, the less cushioning you require, so you can wear lighter shoes and run faster

Comment

Down from 11.2 to 10.12 now.
        Amazing what a bit of self control and a bit of exercise can do.

Comment

Bought an ab belt as I can't do much atm - I can't even stretch my leg as it hurts my arm when I lean!

Can't believe tbh how far the tech has come on since I tried one of these years ago.

It finally seems to work properly - as in, it hit the abs intensely without potentially injuring you or needing the gel.

Will get some pics on progress if I notice any but I'm not legit exercising at all until I'm healed - 2 months it's going to take!
          Last edited by Kit; 26-11-2013, 19:39.

Comment

Do you honestly think that stuff works? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down but the idea of a machine stimulating your muscles instead of you seems to me to be "unexercise".

Comment

If the machine is strong enough to fire up the muscles until they are physically sore (like in a normal rep), I don't see why it shouldn't work. The muscles will still tear and grow. Ones that sit there tickling you are probably useless.

Comment

yes, five or so years ok they were crap. With this one I get the same sort of burn after I do pull ups - like not a serious ab destroying 'I can't twist the next day' feeling but it definitely works. Interested to see what I look like when I combine this with the gym!

Comment

Anyone here have a treadmill? Having a gym at the end of the garden and one if the things I definitely want is a treadmill. It seems there are so many, and how much are you supposed to spend?

Thanks.

Comment

I just asked Lucy and she said if buying new, a grand for one that will last for ages without much servicing (and not be rubbish).....
                    Seems a bit fierce, but worth it in the long term. Same reason we only buy Miele white goods.

If you find a cheaper one that you like the look of beam me a link and I'll get feedback.

Comment

Thanks Charles (and Lucy)

I was thinking that's the sort of money to get a long lasting quality item. Looking around you can spend as low as ?150 so bit of a minefield really.

Found this place which I could go to, does she recommend one brand over another?

The Horizons look quite good, and affordable.

Comment

It might be worth checking gumtree and ebay - it's the sort of item that peole pick up and never use, so you save a fortune second hand. Lucy is out all day, so I doubt I'll get an answer till tomorrow.

Comment

Right. Listen up. I've had 3 months off from any serious running training due to achilles and plantar injuries, induced by overtraining. I've done some hardcore MTB rides at weekends, but only very slow and short runs. The last 3 weeks, my injuries have felt almost healed, so I've been ramping up the miles again. I'm up to 6, but at a sedate pace. I've still a bit wary of my injuries flaring up again.

But today, I was naughty. I went out for a training run at lunch and decided to go at almost 10km race pace to see how the legs would cope and if there's any sign of injury still. I just ran on feel (didn't have my HRM) and after a few km of it seeming to hold up ok, I pinned it and did a 5km in 19:30 and kept the pace up for a 40:22 10km finish. Went for a 1.5 mile jog to warm down - really trying to look after myself now

So that's two PBs in a lunchtime training run Chuffed doesn't quite cover it.