No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or better still, two different shoes. I have 4 pairs that I switch around, all different. Gives them time to dry out in the airing cupboard too (most of my runs recently have been hell on earth mud slop 2 feet of water slime etc.etc.)

Comment

I'll take your 4 and raise you - I'm currently rotating 7 pairs of shoes!

- 2 x identical pairs of cushioned, neutral long run shoes
      - 1 x pair of trail shoes
      - 1 x pair of speedwork and tempo shoes
      - 3 x pairs of identical racers (different states of wear and tear)

Comment

lol. I can do 7 + 2 cycling shoes:

4 trail (kanadia XCTR, Raven, 3D Pro Ultra, Inov-8 Terroc), 2 race (adios 2, adios boost), 1 road (energy boost)
        I use the race shoes for normal road runs too.
        I only really use the adios 2s if the trail is really ragged - the sole is firmer than the boost so protects from stones.
        Last edited by charlesr; 10-01-2014, 09:05.

Comment

A pair for every day! You guys are crazy. Nah, I know there's different types for different terrains. I'm thinking I may have to invest in some trail shoes soon. Got a 10k offroad race coming up in February.

Meantime, I went out for a gentle 15K today (no fast sections), so we'll see how my foot feels tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Black coffee dude. I think since my operation and drinking only this I have actually lost bodyfat. Someone even mentioned it to me the other day - you look more cut around the neck.
            Sooooo bad for you long term though.

I've moved to skimmed milk in decaf coffee and on breakfast cereals (unsweetened/salted porridge with banana and raisins), cut out bread completely (which is incredibly difficult), cut out biscuits in the evening (also incredibly difficult) and have gone back to training in the dojo.

I'm pretty sedentry at work though, so without doing more excercise nowt is going to happen.

Comment

k0pp0, what do you do about lunch? I take it you have a desk job. I'd find it so difficult to maintain a habit of preparing lunches. I eat a lot of tesco sushi!

Comment

Hilarious pace up the ski slopes tonight. 10mins per km! Managed a 5k. In the dark. Bloody steep.

Comment

Bit chilly for running today eh. That won't stop me but brrrrrrr, not very inviting. Let's hope it's not windy too!

Comment

I had to run in tights and a long sleeve top last night for the first time this year. Depends a lot on how hard you think you may be pushing yourself - if I'm racing then it's always vest and shorts without fail and if it's a training run, I'll play it by ear.

Comment

Alas, I have no choice as I only packed my super short shorts, a thin base layer (long sleeved thankfully) and a shirt. I'm a skinhead but forgot my hat, so crossing fingers for no wind! It was going to be an easy run today, as I'm heading out with a group who normally take it easy on Fridays. We could always huddle for warmth. :-D

Comment

If there's any chance of my legs not staying warm, I'm tights. Basically anything under 6?
                        I have some new adidas techfit tights for faster runs that are thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Tibbs View Post
                          k0pp0, what do you do about lunch? I take it you have a desk job. I'd find it so difficult to maintain a habit of preparing lunches. I eat a lot of tesco sushi!
                          Desk job indeed, but I work from home. When at the office I usually have what ever is on the salad bar, but it's usually a pasta/couscous mix of some description with plenty of seeds.
                          When at home I go for seeded rivita with tinned salmon/mackeral or tuna or chinese leaf lettuce leaves for a sandwich filled with whatever I would usually stick in a sarnie. But no cheese.

Comment

Blimey, that is healthy.

Comment

Cheese is a definite weakness of mine.

Btw guys. I have an offroad race coming up in Feb. I've never used minimalist or trail shoes before, so I need to order my first pair pronto.

Do you think these would be a good place to start, given a budget of 70 quid:

I'm nervous about the transition to minimal, with less than 4 weeks to go...

Comment

How is your running form in general? Are you a mid to forefoot striker or do you land on your heels?

My non-professional opinion is I think you'll probably be OK because it is an off-road race. The uneven nature of the course should basically spread the load on your legs. The danger with jumping in at the deep end with minimalist footwear and road running is it's basically the same movement, tens of thousands of times over and over with no let-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X