No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering if you were likely to get your feet in to a pair of Ultra Boosts soon, so it's a shame they've only sent you the media 'blurb' so far.

I've only ran in the Adios 2's (have bought several pairs after your first gearselected review) and then a pair of Adios Boost 2's as they too reverted to the Adios upper. Just how does the Energy Boost differ in fit etc? The bit I find most confusing is all the variants in design, with Adidas for instance there's Bostons and Energys and Adistars and Adizeros but yet the differences are rarely ever explained even on the manufacturers website. I suppose that is were the value of buying in store rather than online is I guess. I've been lucky that I've taken to the Adios range with my first purchase but I do wonder whether a different shoe would be even more beneficial/suited to me. Keeping within the Adidas family of course!

Comment

The Energy Boost is a big shoe (and the Ultra will be the same size) with a big heel (but similar drop to adios). These days I only use them on days when my feet are battered and need a rest but I'd still like to run. However, I've used them all the way up to 22 miles in training. The ultra is basically the same on the sole but with 100% boost instead of the mix of boost and eva you get on the energy boost. The upper on the ultra will be lovely (primeknit).

Adistar boost is a support shoe. Bostons are a bit more cushion and less stiff than the adios for marathons, but I'd use the adios every time.
      Adizeros is the range into which bostons and adios (and feather etc.) fit.

If you feel you need more than the adios boost, may I suggest the Glide boost.

Personally because I like a lower drop, I'm getting Takumi Sen 3 Boost when they come out in the UK next month.

Comment

New half marathon in North London that actually goes THROUGH Wembley stadium! Sign up here

Pun alert: Slow Mo footage:
        Last edited by charlesr; 29-01-2015, 10:57.

Comment

Ged, of course there's always the option of continuing to use your Adios 2s and Adios Boost 2s as all purpose runners if you have good biomechanics? For me, my racing shoes, whether from Nike or Adidas, are easily my best fitting and most comfortable shoes and I would use them exclusively if I could. Sadly, my right foot rolls outwards (supinates) ever so slightly to cause faster wear and tear on the rubber of the outer edge, whereas my left foot is perfect and creates even wear and tear. I simply don't have he funds to be replacing shoes every 200 - 300 miles, so I make do with a chunkier neutral shoe with a more extensive outsole (Nike Pegasus 30/31) for all other runs outside of racing.

Comment

I don't think I can afford the personal trainer I have. She's nice enough and puts me through my paces every week but I'm also trying to save and ?120 a month being spent on her just isn't helping. I only wanted a fortnightly appointment at the beginning but I'm terrible at saying no to people.

Comment

Is she helping you reach your goals. If not, then you either need to ditch or get her to change.
              What is more important though - health or having savings (don't answer that).

Comment

I don't have goals, beyond "don't die when I'm 48", as so many men in my family do. I'm regretting signing up, as the "breakup" is going to be bloody awkward. Perhaps she mistook me for some highly-paid City type, based on where I work...

Comment

Speaking of goals, I'm doing a 50 miler on the SDW. Anyone want to join me?

Comment

No? Ok.

Not seen this until now, but there's a twitter thing where before a race people put their avatar as someone blowing a horn. The PB horn.

I'm aiming for my 10k PB on Sunday (Chichester 10k). It will start with a 36:xx
                    Course is gradually uphill with a 3km downhill at the end, so it will be interesting to see how this affects my time. Going to use the Wave Universe 5 for speeeeed.

Somone I beat at an XC race a few weeks ago said he's aiming for 36:30, so I'm fit enough. Pacing for 36mins is 3:36/km
                    Easy to remember, so I might hit that up and see how it goes.

Comment

Good luck dude. I'll keep an eye on strava.

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Smashed it

35:23 Chip time.

Astonished tbh. I wasn't even sure if I could keep up a pace for 36:30.

Based on that, feelrace says 2:47 marathon LOL https://feelrace.com/fr.pl?ds=10&hh=...=MARCO&pg=Exec
                          Last edited by charlesr; 08-02-2015, 13:33.

Comment

Nice one!! That is a superb result. I'll be analysing the strava graphs later (when the kids stop climbing on me). One thing I noticed before is that you don't seem to upload HR data. Do you use some other non synced device for this?

Well done again! :-)

Comment

Thanks man.

Yeah, I just have a normal cheapy Polar for HR. I only use it on the slow runs and marathons to keep me slow enough.

The last 2km of Strava went a bit nuts meaning it upped the pace massively - I was teleporting across the road and back, so 10k arrived 200m too soon! It said I did 34:45 for the 10k. The first 8k were bang on the markers though so, you can take the splits for those seriously.

Comment

Ah cool. Still a shame we can't see your HR. I always like to get an idea how hard people are working, both in training and races.

Comment

Working...
                                X