• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Pretty cool
      Thanks. I wish I could have got a shot when it was at its brightest. It really popped in the sky. Sadly I was stuck with a client on the phone

Comment

Wowzers!

It's such a high res photo, I'm very close to figuring out where your office is

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          Wowzers!

It's such a high res photo, I'm very close to figuring out where your office is
          Oh no . I'm sure you'll figure it out

Comment

Swapped my Sony A7II for a Sony A7RII. Really quite impressed by the camera to the point I'm now considering trading up for the A7RIV.

So much detail in the sensor I was able to crop a photo of kingfisher that's tiny in the full image, but still has some definition to make it recognisable. It's not a great photo, but this is quite a massive crop.

Comment

Nice Marty, always like your pics. The Kingfisher is a lovely bird.

Nikon took payment for the FTZII which I had on pre-order but then found they had no stock. Sent me a letter of apology and a 10% voucher which is very nice of them.

Comment

Thanks. Sony do have that nice G Master 600mm f/4 prime lens that would help me get a better shot of it, just need to find the £12K

At least the 10% off will help with the Z9 right?

Comment

Haha yes a huge prime would definitely help.

Sadly no with the voucher, pre-orders exempted, I don't think Z9's will be in stock for some time so it isn't as if I could cancel then buy one in a few months when I know they'll have some.

Comment

Had to order a new tripod after my Uni-Loc gave up the ghost after maybe 25 years of use, tried to repair it but the ball head has disintegrated inside so it no longer supports the camera, farewell old friend you have certainly served me well.

Ordered one of these, which certainly wont last 25 years but will do the same job. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Neewer do some good stuff, but could you not have just got a new head for the tripod?

Can't recommend Amazon Basics tripods tho (I do have one, but I'd never use it outside - it's for a meeting cam, ductaped to the desk and never moved)

Comment

I've been looking at that for a while and bought a few bits to bolt on but nothing fit properly as its so old, most the other joints are going as well now so it was time, those haven't been a problem as its so heavy anyway i just drilled them out and bolted in place as its only used for product shots and never leaves the factory.

Comment

Make sure to post up your impressions of it - I wouldn't mind getting a carbon fiber tripod myself, but I don't fancy paying Manfrotto prices for one. There are are few of them similar to the Neewer one for around the same price about.

I do take a tripod with me a lot of the time, but most of it I don't end up using it. The pics above are 15-30 second exposures, so I did have to set the tripod up for those. Often tho with IS getting so good, I don't find the need to use one; the A7RII lets me get sharp shots even at 1/6th of second.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 03-12-2021, 12:15.

Comment

Used it today and will take a while to get used to, had my old one forever and you can get the arm into any angle or spot. Ill let know know how i get on with it over the week as i have a load of products shots to do.

Comment

Coming late to this, I have a Gitzo mono and ball head which is lush but don't use it anymore and a Benro tripod which is excellent value for money - only used that once.
                              The Benro has just about every feature you can think of including a leg that pops off as a mono.

Comment

Got myself a little something for the A7RII

Had been debating whether to get the Sigma Art 24-70mm f/2.8 or the cheaper Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, but that came up for a good price. It's pretty hefty, but the quality matches the weight. Definitely a very capable lens.

Comment

Working...
                                X