No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an interesting cam, the Sony DSC-R1 which has an APS-C sensor in it and hails from 2006. Way before its time. It's pretty minty.

Seems to do alright, though still wouldn't want to push it more than 1600 ISO

Comment

Nice one Marty but a bit disappointed at the same time, I thought you were going to announce you had pre-ordered a new lens;

Comment

It's 11:30pm. I'm wasted on champagne so here's a few random photos. Sexy legs

Comment

Look at those tiny feet, i had feet like that when i was 11 😁

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Look at those tiny feet, i had feet like that when i was 11 ��
            Lol, yep, my feet are small but look extra small in this photo

Comment

Im only messing bud, cool retro set up though, what consoles you got set up there?

Comment

Lol, no worries.
                Oh man, connected to that TV is so much and it all goes through the Denon Amp.

Here we go....
                PC Engine With CD ROM Interface
                Analogue Super NT plus Super GameBoy 2
                Analogue Mega SG plus Terra onion Mega SD
                Hitachi Hi-Saturn
                Dreamcast
                PS2
                PS4
                Xbox Series X
                Xbox 360
                Master System
                Cosolized Neo Geo MVS
                Emulation PC
                And a Panasonic UHD BluRay player

I think that's about it.
                Last edited by Yakumo; 20-04-2022, 07:25.

Comment

Same photo taken with three different lenses on the same phone. I'm loving the x5 lens image.

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro - x5 camera (2.18MB at 3264x1836)
                  Direct link to the full size image - https://imgur.com/NgIcX54

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro - x2 camera (4.3MB at 4032x2268)
                  Direct link to the full size image - https://imgur.com/Fc7vpcQ

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro - 108mp camera (16.7MB at 12032x9024)
                  Direct link to the full size image - https://imgur.com/T0UvH3y

The x2 lens looks pretty awful but when taking pictures of items up close, it's the best option. The 108mp image is just crazy as always but I am impressed by the x5 lens the most. I've never actually taken anything with this in the past beside video and that looked awful. but it seems to preform well for photos.
                  Last edited by Yakumo; 21-05-2022, 09:13.

Comment

Size of the sensor in that phone is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Size of the sensor in that phone is nuts.
                      It sure is. Its a Samsung sensor so I wouldn't be surprised if its the same one they use in their own high-end phones.

Comment

The sensors in them are still very small - they're 1/1.5" so about a quarter of the size of micro 4/3rds sensor, larger than a lot of phone sensors tho. Where phones get their performance is in computational photography. The Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra has a bigger sensor at 1/1.12" (also a Samsung unit) and Sony is currently leading with its 1" sensor in the Xperia Pro (same size as the RX100 and RX10 cams - I highly recommend the RX100).

Recently Olympus has been doing more computational photography with the Olympus OM-1 Mk4. Sorry, OM System OM-1 given Olympus sold its camera division (it's really a OM-1 Mk4 tho ) - we're definitely going to see more of this on dedicated cameras now we're edging towards high frame rates without mechanical shutters.

Comment

Little 24 hour photography challenge comp on 25th June, might be worth a look as there's a £500 voucher for MPB up for grabs (three of them actually)

Comment

Back from a trip with the Z 9, battery life really isn't as good a a D4 but it's expected and something I'll have to get used to. EVF v optical is ****e. I much prefer an optical EVF for what I do, others love it I don't. I think it works great on my Z 50 though.
                            Those two asides, it's a beast, ultra fast, loads of resolution, I still don't think it out resolves the lens I use but it certainly shows up my deficiencies - I'll just have to use it more!

Comment

The car show was back on the meadows for 2022, so I took the recently acquired 17-40mm f/4 L with me. Lens is well suited for this type of work, as you can get quite close and keep people (mostly) out of shot. Trouble is reflections.

Got lots of shots though, there were lots of cars.

Comment

There was a World Music Festival in town today, so decided to go and photograph that too ...

Comment

Working...
                                X