No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure I have one of those Oly's for work MartyG, quite happy with it except it forgets all the settings when you turn it off!

Other than that it takes much nicer, cleaner shots than my Wildfire S.

Comment

I think I'll be able to get better shots for sure with it - it was a slow shutter speed in low light at ISO 100. The trick to these older digital cameras is using them in the right situation, they're never really going to compete in low light.

Comment

I just bought this gorillapod not realising it's a diddy one. It's rated for 325g. My camera is 450g. What do you reckon? Open it and try anyway? Or send it back unopened and fork out some daft amount for a larger one?

Comment

You'll need the uprated one for DSLRs - I have the one you have and it'll not do the job with anything heavy.

Comment

I love Squidward.

Squidward-2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              I just bought this gorillapod not realising it's a diddy one. It's rated for 325g. My camera is 450g. What do you reckon? Open it and try anyway? Or send it back unopened and fork out some daft amount for a larger one?
              Yeah I had that one too, it wouldn't hold my 550d with a lens attached. You'd just find that it would sag and your photo would end up point in a funny direction.

Comment

Don't know if anybody's aware but this year's Focus On Imaging at the NEC will be the last one.

The owner of the rights has decided to call it a day after 24 years, but has commented that she won't be selling it on.

Real shame since it was a great place to pick up cheap gear and some of the seminars and presentations laid on by the likes of Canon and Nikon were superb.

Comment

I saw that over on AP - not that surprised tbh, I used to go every year, but it's always the same, queue for hours to get you hands on sweaty grubby cameras - it's nice to see new kit all in one place though, so at the same time it's a shame.

Nothing very special, just very wide with the 10-24mm

Comment

sausagedog.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

killingblow.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

poleaxe.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

ready.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

begin.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

naptime.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

the boy in the garden enjoying the sun (in Scotland!!!!!!!)

Comment

Last toy from my eBay splurge the other week turned up today (over two weeks via Royal Mail 2nd class).

It's quite a neat, dinky little camera, with a more unusual square dimensions to it, will see what this one can do for my cheap digital camera project.

Comment

Nice one, that is very similar looking to my very first digicam - pretty sure it a was a Kodak something or other..

I got a Casio cheapo Exilim (EX-H5) last year for a holiday (long story but ended up costing me 18 quid brand new !) - it's been used on two separate trips to the the States now and performs OK. Sometimes quite fun to just have a tiny compact in my pocket rather than lugging all my kit about.

One from the weekend - got my 9 year old to try out a long exposure with me - this is what we got between us..

Listing by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Comment

That looks good, very serene.

This is one from the little Fuji, the highlights are slightly blown I think, but I was trying to work the camera hard by pointing at the sky with fill flash. There's EV compensation, so a third of a stop will probably fix it.

Not too bad for a 5 MP camera released in 2005.

Comment

A few from my recent trip down to Devon

Fishcombe Bay - Brixham by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Brixham Beach by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Brixham at Night by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Black Swan - Dawlish by Scphoto_uk, on Flickr

Comment

While out for a nice nightly walk I grabbed a few shots. Sort of wish I had brought my tripod now.

In most countries walking in a dark street like this would be considered unsafe, but not in Japan.

Is it safe1 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Is it safe 2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Is it safe 3 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X