No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom 5 is now officially out if you're into to that sort of thing.

Download from Adobe for ?57 or boxed copy from Amazon (in a couple of weeks) for ?59.09 - but with the latter you get a whole ?1 credit to use at the Amazon MP3 store!

(prices are for the upgrade)

Comment

construction wheel by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Pollinate

Last edited by MartyG; 18-06-2013, 13:23.

Comment

ooh, nice buzzy bee. Well caught.

Comment

Thanks - I'm seeing more bees in the garden this year which is good news as they have been in decline.

Comment

Yay for bees 😊

Comment

Comment

This is with a Nikon D70 and a 200-400mm f5.6 Tamron lens. Trouble is it's big and heavy and soft, but the reach is nice to have for this type of shot. It's not an easy lens to work with though.

Comment

This is from Scarfel the other week. Been processed, but it reflects the day for me quite well.

blackday.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-07-2013, 12:34.

Comment

My bug for b&w is back. This is on the nikon 55-200 at full 200 on a small local lake, can't wait for all the lilies to go into full bloom, looked stunning last year but my camera was in repair at the time, very frustrating.

lonelilly.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-07-2013, 12:35.

Comment

Computational photography is the future. Perhaps.

A new type of photography offers ways to "see through" objects, refocus and change point-of-view after a snap is taken, and end the curse of camera shake.

Photography related, Nokia had unveiled their 41 megapixel camera phone.

Nokia's latest handset features a 41 megapixel camera, allowing owners to "shoot first, zoom later" without sacrificing image quality.

Comment

Does anyone have a good resource for understanding aperture and ISO better?

Comment

Shame the Nokia is running Windows rather than Android. Would like to have a play with one to see what results it's capable of though.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            Does anyone have a good resource for understanding aperture and ISO better?
                            Try here: http://improvephotography.com/photography-basics/

or here: http://photo.net/learn/basic-photo-t...tterspeed-iso/

or here: http://learnbasicphotography.com/exposure-aperture
                            Last edited by MartyG; 11-07-2013, 16:28.

Comment

Bit of a record shot really, but it's one of the cleanest macro shots I've gotten in a while.

Nikon D200 with Sigma 105mm f2.8 macro lens.

Comment

Great stuff. Me and the girlfriend have just bought a decent camera for our trip to Japan so I'm trying to learn how to use it properly.
                                This will help big time :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
                                X