No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on a bit of a eBay bender last weekend and ended up buying four cameras on the cheap. That was one of them. I'm actually quite impressed by the image quality and controls; it has manual zoom and focus available, full aperture control of the f2.8 lens - downsides are the electronic viewfinder is a bit meh and it's a little slow in operation.

I really don't know why I keep buying up cheap digital cameras though

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      I really don't know why I keep buying up cheap digital cameras though
      Haha, but I bet it's great fun though!

Envy you in some ways. I wish I had the dosh to splash out on a few old film cam's, Fuji AX-5, Pentax LX, Oly 35RC, yep I know I want a D4 but I'm on a tight budget so if I blow on a few SLR's - no FF DSLR!

Really enjoy seeing what you 'come home with next though', great stuff.

Comment

I have this obsession with showing that you don't need to spend thousands of pounds on cameras to take good photographs hence the ?12 digicam project, I need to contribute more to this as I'm slacking at the mo - the best photos work because of their composition, not because they were shot on a Nikon D4 - sure better kit can give you better results, but that won't help you if you can't compose for ****e.

This is the best I've had from the P880 so far ...

Comment

Couple from a wander last night.

thedeadtractor.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
          I like the flaws in this one, and the washed out effect. This was on a nikon 50mmD 1.8 prime i got the other week (?50 ), its not as sharp or accurate as the dx primes but it produces a different kind of picture which is nice. I kind of miss the days of film where if you've got a flaw its a flaw for life and it becomes part of the picture, however i much prefer digital for product shots and catalogue work for obvious reasons.

lonereed.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

Well, I finally managed to process the pictures I took in Aso back in May. Loads to look at. Enjoy!

police harrasment by Yakum01975, on Flickr

fan in shadow by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso-free women by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso-ducks2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso-ducks1 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso - fish flag by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso - 40kmph by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso - Ren weeing by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso-onsen-wide by Yakum01975, on Flickr

action-pose by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Aso - Seiko walking by Yakum01975, on Flickr

There are loads more photos to see. Just click on any of the photo links to enter my Flickr account.

Comment

Love the fish flags yakumo

Comment

Ah, the Carp flags or yeah, fish flags as I called them these things can be seen in very where in late April, early May.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  I have this obsession with showing that you don't need to spend thousands of pounds on cameras to take good photographs hence the ?12 digicam project, I need to contribute more to this as I'm slacking at the mo - the best photos work because of their composition, not because they were shot on a Nikon D4 - sure better kit can give you better results, but that won't help you if you can't compose for ****e.
                  Well said, completely agree. Said before I don't do photography, rather my gear is to help me get a shot of something I like, aircraft being the main. I also don't get the new shiny machine every other year, had the S2 for ten and before that the FM2 for twenty.
                  For me I want FF and the shots I'm looking to take in the future well, it's not a case of the D4 can do a better job perse more like the D4 can simply get the shot in the first instance that the D600/D800 will struggle to.

Comment

Some more from the weekend, first full weekend off in a year so i took advantage of it.

ducks.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

pinkballoon.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

theviolinist.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

thehead.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

rollercoaster.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

redbike.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

that shot of the head in the barge is pretty creepy. I can imagine you could make a great b&w shot out of that.

Comment

Christ... do you live in Silent Hill fishbowl?

First the cat and now a dolls head with the thousand yard stare.

Comment

What's worrying is the cat has recently disappeared after moving around the window seal, I'm concerned about this mater ;/. The dolls head was on a travellers boat at a craft fair in colechester the other day.

Comment

Good stuff fishbowlhead.

Another new toy to play with for me - trust me there's no shortage of cameras here.

The Olympus C-150.

Great thing about this camera is it cost me ?2.50 and what with all this latest desire for fixed lens cameras, this is a fixed f2.8 38mm - ideal for street photography then right? Well we'll have to find out once this rain disappears because it's not weather sealed

Comment

I think you may have a slight problem. However, it is 35mm, and 2.8 haha

Comment

No it's a 5mm, with a 38mm equivalent due to the sensor size

It's not that sharp unsurprisingly, although I think there was a camera shake issue due to the light. Will be interesting to see what ?2.50 gets you in better light.

Comment

Working...
                                X