No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That paragon is proving to be a real little cracker of a lens, especially for the cost

Comment

It's the Stamford Classic Car Show today - loads of cars there, more than a dozen TVRs and some classic Porsches but then there's stuff like this:

Taken with the Nikon D7000 and Nikkor 10-24mm.
      Last edited by MartyG; 25-08-2013, 13:06.

Comment

From the Canon 50D and the Canon 70-200mm f4 IS fabulous lens.

And another from the same setup

Last edited by MartyG; 25-08-2013, 13:55.

Comment

Can anyone recommend a cheap compact for me that will produce decent shots where I don't need to do much. Ideally don't want to spend a fortune but likewise don't want to use a mobile phone to take them. Is it possible to get a good (sic.) camera in the sub ?100 these days. Looking at October time though to get one

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
            Can anyone recommend a cheap compact for me that will produce decent shots where I don't need to do much. Ideally don't want to spend a fortune but likewise don't want to use a mobile phone to take them. Is it possible to get a good (sic.) camera in the sub ?100 these days. Looking at October time though to get one
            The Panasonic compact range is pretty decent and is what I recommend to people who ask me a similar question. My Dad got something similar to these a few years ago - here and here . As long as you accept they are pretty limited in terms of controls , low light performance etc they should be fine - won't be the best quality of course, but certainly decent enough..

That said, I managed to pick up a Casio travel zoom compact last year to take to Orlando and that did a decent enough job as far as I was concerned, and was far simpler than dragging all my camera kit with me.. Mine was an EX-H5 I think which has been discontinued, but imagine there is a similar model available still..

Comment

Cheers I'm guessing as long as I stock to something like a Lumix I won't go far wrong

Originally posted by Garf View Post
              The Panasonic compact range is pretty decent and is what I recommend to people who ask me a similar question. My Dad got something similar to these a few years ago - here and here . As long as you accept they are pretty limited in terms of controls , low light performance etc they should be fine - won't be the best quality of course, but certainly decent enough..

That said, I managed to pick up a Casio travel zoom compact last year to take to Orlando and that did a decent enough job as far as I was concerned, and was far simpler than dragging all my camera kit with me.. Mine was an EX-H5 I think which has been discontinued, but imagine there is a similar model available still..

Comment

Frivolous editing - it's bin day.

Comment

My first bash at an airshow. This was Clacton on Friday.

Comment

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-08-2013, 08:09.

Comment

Some more from the iPhone5 while out running, always get the most stunning sun set lately but by the time i get home and showered there gone so no dslr shots.

Comment

Do you use HDR on your Iphone fbh?

Comment

No im using vsco cam at the moment as it has some nice subtle filters, the hdr mode isn't sunset friendly, works ok for normal shots though, brings out more colour in some cases.

Comment

Funnily enough I took this pic this morning with HDR on my Iphone5

Comment

No HDR here. Just good old manual DSLR with a little lightroom work.

waiting dry in rain by Yakum01975, on Flickr
                              Last edited by Yakumo; 30-08-2013, 13:02.

Comment

These are all straight out the d7000 barring some slight cropping and a small bit of colour correction from the raw.

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-08-2013, 14:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X