The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the jelly fish !

Getting back in the saddle with long exposures. Spent a long time editing this one for a change and removed quite a bit of clutter from the photo - feels like cheating though..

Unreality by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Comment

Did you edit that in photoshop Garf?

Heres another iphone5 pic from running.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Did you edit that in photoshop Garf?
        Nope, don't have access to Photoshop so did what I could in Aperture 3 - it's normally enough for the limited processing I usuallly do but this was more of a test\experiment. Wouldnt normally remove so much from a photo, and is one of the reasons I am enjoying using film - set myself a constraint to not edit the scans from my film shots, aside from maybe a crop here or there...

Comment

A quick snap from the beach in Lacanau last week:

Lacanau Ocean Grand Pins beach by charlesrodmell, on Flickr

Comment

I'm planning on getting into photography. I know this is an older model, but it seems like a good started at a decent price.
            Shop the entire range of Canon DSLR Cameras securely online from a Canon EOS Digital SLR partner. 10 years of gold award-winning service.

Comment

?120 cheaper at currys

Also thee is the new 100d which has a much smaller body and is newer than that model

Comment

Thanks evil boris, it looks like the second lense is better as well. As i said before im not fussed that it's an older model, i just want to know if it's a good starter. I was told to go for the 700d with the two lens kit, but nearly 800 pounds feels a lot of cash.

Comment

There's very little difference between the 600D, 650D and 700D, so I'd save the cash - you can always put that money towards a ultra wide lens like the Sigma 10-20mm.

Comment

Thanks marty. I've been leaning towards the 600 for a while as my sister's husband has it. I think i will start off cheap and see where my new hobby takes me.

Comment

The 00d series generally don't have much difference between them. You could probably pick up a 450d/500/550d for 1/3rd the price 2nd hand.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        The 00d series generally don't have much difference between them. You could probably pick up a 450d/500/550d for 1/3rd the price 2nd hand.
                        Or a d7000 for the price of them, better value than the middling canon models.

An early morning misty pic on my way to work this morning.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-09-2013, 09:17.

Comment

nice. Did you do any work on the colour ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            nice. Did you do any work on the colour ?
                            A little but only to bring it back in line with what my eyes saw, the colours on the d7000 raw's come out fairly muted, im trying to do less and less processing on the raws from my dslr now instead working on my timing, lighting and composition. Was a very strange morning light wise.

Processed some more of my iceland pics from last year today, ridiculous amount of pics to go though still.

me and my sunset.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

all seeing eye.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

glacier walk.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

golden field.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

not in kansas.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

DSCF2045.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

old man rainbow.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 05-09-2013, 15:09.

Comment

I think that shows that the best use of your money is not new kit, but actually going somewhere worth photographing

More from the Nikon V1 ...

Last edited by MartyG; 08-09-2013, 09:06.

Comment

Of course Marty that's a given. Armed with my trusty x10 I got some nice pics out there, though it had its problems, appalling battery life in the cold and its not a hardy model which meant when I wanted certain pics I couldn't take anything due to weather.

I upgraded to the d7000 mainly for better battery life and better sensor size for product shots and catalogues. For travelling I'd be happy with something like an x100s but for the crap battery life.

Norway this year, I'm sure the d7000 will suffice

Comment

Working...
                                X