• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my latest shots. I like birds.

Comment

Took the D610 out for a spin on Saturday;

Comment

New Lytro Illum:

The Raytrix Light Field Technology provides 3D capture and high resolution with different one shot cameras. 3D camera | Light field camera

Comment

It's funny, I was listening to RAWtalk and Jared was saying there was literally no reason for this to exist. At least, he couldn't think of a usage scenario for it.

It seems as if Google will be providing a similar feature for this to Android users in future too.

Neat concept I guess either way.

Comment

At least they've gotten the form factor right this time, but I wouldn't pay US $1,499 for one just so you can adjust the focal point afterwards - tough sell. Get the photo right at the time

Comment

3D photos from a regular lens.
              Adjusting depth of field after taking the photo.
              Allowing the viewer to explore the environment you took a photo of without being there.

Jared clearly has no imagination.

What about the combination of Light field, 3D and eye-trakcing? Then we could have 3d movies where we could focus on the point of interest while we watch! Amazing.

Comment

I'm really curious about the new Lytro. I just hope we don't get shafted on the price here. My good lady has a Sony Alpha 55 but basically uses it as a point and shoot so something like this Illum would be a good fit for her. Lightweight, f2 through the range, touchscreen and built in wi-fi sounds like just the thing.

Comment

We're going to get shafted on the price - the originals are $199 on the Lytro site (but they don't ship internationally), they're ?399 on various UK websites. If you're prepared to go to eBay you can pick them up shipped from the US for around ?150-200.

A few shots from the w/e, these are from the Panasonic Lumix G5 with the 14-42mm F/3.5-5.6 O.I.S ...

Last edited by MartyG; 23-04-2014, 13:04.

Comment

Like that top one Marty. Bit of an ethereal feel to it. Any filters used or post processing to get that effect?

Comment

Yes, a bit of Orton effect - you need to use it sparingly though.

Comment

Thought it may be of interest to people here, Adobe Creative Cloud have an offer Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC for ?8.78 per month.

Lightroom is where I do the bulk of my editing and organisation, but Photoshop as a bonus is always handy.

Comment

Been playing about with those CCTV C Mount lenses again on the Nikon V1, they do give a unique look to a shot.

Also mucking about with the Galaxy S3 camera

Comment

A few processed shots from a break to Zadar in Croatia, I've experimented with a few other effects to what I would normally do.

IMG_4703-Edit-2.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_4688-Edit.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr
                            Down by the water by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_4133-dualiso.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

IMG_3913.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Comment

That black & white shot with the two guys standing in the street is fantastic. I really like that one.

Comment

All excellent Boris. Nice stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X