No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - it's fun to go out and try these different combos, but people are starting to wise up to the cheapness so the prices have been creeping up on eBay :/ You can still grab the odd bargain eventually if you stick to your guns and don't overbid.

Comment

Wet weather brings those snails out.

Comment

Got a Pentax K and Olympus OM to micro four thirds adapter on Friday - this is with a Pentax 50mm f1.7 which is a nice lens (got mine on a Pentax MV body).

Comment

A few recent sits from me. Two from Paris taken with my iPhone, and a third which is my first go at a long exposure for several weeks..

La Tour Eiffel by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Basilica by GarySmith70, on Flickr

| | | | / by GarySmith70, on Flickr

Comment

Good stuff Garf.

Finally got the Pentax 110 to Micro Four Thirds adapter through today for the 25mm f2.8 tiny wee lens - you can't change the aperture so you're stuck wide open, but it doesn't seem too soft.

Last edited by MartyG; 25-07-2014, 07:55.

Comment

Playing with this set up today:

Getting stuff like this:

Edit - and one from the Panasonic GF2 with the Pentax 110 24mm f2.8

Last edited by MartyG; 25-07-2014, 07:56.

Comment

Hey Guys!

It's been a while since I posted here but I got a new camera two weeks ago and have been snap happy ever since!

It's a Sony A6000, thought I'd share a few of the shots I've got in the last 2 weeks (sorry if there are quite a few!)

it's a me by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Boat by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

tree.jpg by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Happy by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Listen by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

tree-5.jpg by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Looking Glass by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Flutter-by by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

White Coppice View by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Reflect by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Kingfisher by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Swan Tree by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Comment

Where are you? Looks like some southern American town in some shots or maybe spain

Comment

Got something else to play with from eBay for cheapness, although these aren't exactly expensive to begin with and can be had new for under ?100.

It's a GE X500 and build wise it's pretty solid. You wouldn't want to use this camera indoors and anything above ISO 200 starts to get a bit smudgy. Even at lowest ISO if you 100% crop you can see the noise reduction is very aggressive so the detail is lost - it's a shame that it won't do RAW as the lens and sensor I suspect can produce better results. It's quite slow too, so no sports for you despite the 15x Zoom
                    Last edited by MartyG; 25-07-2014, 07:56.

Comment

Absolutely spot on Yakumo, I've been on holiday to Port De Pollensa in Mallorca. The other ones are in Lancashire

Comment

I went to see one of my favourite rap groups Jurassic 5 in concert last night.

I took my a6000 with the two kit lenses the 16-50 and the 55-210. As I was walking in a security guard stopped me, searched my bag and discovered my telephoto lens and said 'sorry mate you can't take professional cameras with detachable lenses into the concert' I wish it was professional I said jokingly trying to get on his good side and he said he'd have to put my bag with the camera in the cloakroom. No worries I said.

When we got to the cloak room I took my camera out and he looked at it with the smaller lens on and said 'does that detach?' I said no, the longer lens just fits on top to extend it (lying through my teeth) ahhhh right he said, 'ok well you can keep the small camera and just put the big lens in the cloakroom'... Win.

Cheers mate.

untitled-14.jpg by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

untitled-15.jpg by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Comment

Excellent pictures man and great bit of BS too

Comment

I suppose a bridge camera with a 24-1200mm would have been fine then Nice pics, looks like the A6000 does a good job

I got some of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight that came across today, they're more grab shots really as I had less than a minute before they were gone.

Comment

Great photos Marty. What lens were you using there?

Comment

Cheers. These were from the Canon 50D with a Canon 70-200mm f4 IS L

Comment

Working...
                                X