• Show
Clear All

Glowing Stream by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Graffiti in the Stinky Stairwell by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Moonrise Kingdom by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Abandoned Derelict Rollercoaster by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Margate Lighthouse by EvilBoris, on Flickr

Organisation by EvilBoris, on Flickr
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 07-07-2014, 19:47.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Does it work now?
      Yep all is good now.

Man, those images above are also fantastic. Where abouts is that roller coaster?

Comment

The rollercoaster is in Margate, Kent. I think it was burned down a few years back, it's the UKs oldest rollercoaster.

All my photos are geotagged by my camera , do you can see exactly where they are

Comment

It was a clear evening, so I ran off into the countryside to grab a few shots, turned into a 4 hour expedition.

20140706-IMG_5168.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr

20140707-IMG_5445.jpg by EvilBoris, on Flickr
          You using a full frame camera Boris? those are some seriously sharp low light shots.

Comment

The rollercoaster is in Margate, Kent. I think it was burned down a few years back, it's the UKs oldest rollercoaster.

All my photos are geotagged by my camera , do you can see exactly where they are
            cool, time for a google maps scan.

Comment

Good stuff EB - so some of those on Flickr.

I got something else that digitises light:

I didn't factor in lens cost though - it seems it'll be cheaper to buy another kit than a NX mount lens on its own. Just waiting for a M42 converter to turn up - these NX series are APS-C mirrorless cameras.
              Last edited by MartyG; 25-07-2014, 07:49.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                You using a full frame camera Boris? those are some seriously sharp low light shots.
                Yeah it's a full frame camera I have, some of these are using either dual-ISO techniques (Magic Lantern firmware) and some even multiple exposure blending instead / on top of that. Those extra things help me with my low light stuff, although I think the two that you quoted there were simply using a tripod.

Low light noise it what always annoyed me the most during the processing period, so I went full frame for that reason. I don't do lots of low light stuff, but the amazing sensor allows me to get sharper shots from handheld stuff when I dial up the ISO levels or I'm using the 24-105mm L glass lens that I use for 99% of my stuff, which due to being a zoom lens, has reduced transparency.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                cool, time for a google maps scan.
                Click into the image links to see the map

Comment

Yep great shots, EB. Glowing Stream and 5445 are simply fantastic.

Comment

I heard about some Owls near a reservoir close to me a few days ago, so went down to see if I could find them at 6am.

The flying one just made my first appearance in Exposed as well. So so happy and chuffed

untitled.jpg by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

untitled-2.jpg by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

untitled-3.jpg by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Angel Barn Owl by tomgutteridge78, on Flickr

Comment

Awesome shots tommy. What camera and lens did you use?

Comment

Heh, they spotted you then?!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Awesome shots tommy. What camera and lens did you use?
                          Thanks mate. It's a 7D with a 400mm f/5.6 prime

Comment

Haha yup. The one I got in mid air screeched at me as well. What I didn't realise was how huge they are. Their wing span is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG View Post
                              Thanks mate. It's a 7D with a 400mm f/5.6 prime
                              Great lens and great shots too, well done.

Comment

Went back to Rutland Water this evening with the Fujifilm S5 Pro and some ND filters for some longer exposure stuff. Got a couple of nice pics.

Normanton Church by MartyPG13, on Flickr

Canon G11 (Composite for Amateur Photographer's Forum Comp this month)

And just for kicks, this one is from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Last edited by MartyG; 09-07-2014, 22:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X