No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the nicest looking DSLR I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      That's the nicest looking DSLR I've ever seen.
      It is nice, looks similar to my FM2 but the price is ridiculous.

Was going to splurge on a D4 but since my lens is currently with Nikon, assuming it gets fixed I'm going to play safe and go D610 which is a shame as the DF ticks a lot of boxes for me, no video and 16mp are fine but the price point surely should be below the D610.

Comment

Yeah I was hoping the price would be around the current D600 level and I would have been very tempted, but ?2750 simply puts it beyond what I'm willing to spend. I'm sure it'll drop over the next 6-12 months like most of them seem to do.

Comment

Who's going to have a go at replicating this project?
          Russian photographer Alexey Kljatov is an inspiration to aspiring amateur photographers everywhere – he created a home-made rig capable of capturing stunning close-up pictures of snowflakes out of old camera parts, boards, screws and tape. His pictures give us an enchanting close-up view of snowflakes that we could never hope for without specialized equipment.

Comment

That is some amazing **** right there! I never knew snow flakes were so beautiful.

Comment

Some shots form Norway last week, loads to go through yet.

Last edited by fishbowlhead; 02-12-2013, 12:41.

Comment

Some nice shots there - I always like photos of fire because of the way the warm light hits surfaces, always makes for interesting dynamics.

AP Forum competition this month is "Winter Wonderland" so you've likely got a more than a few shots that'll fit the theme.

Comment

Might as well, got to be in it to win it after all.

Comment

Comment

Looks cold.

Some from this morning from in town, taken with the Nikon V1 ...

Comment

A few more from a walk this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          A few more from a walk this evening.

Ha i love this guys expression, a total wtf is going on moment, love stuff like that .

Marty im after a versatile wide to tele lens, have you had any experience with the nikon 18-100mm vr lens? any good at the 18mm end as im after something for wide angle product shots that wont break the bank. A dedicated wide would be fine too if its under ?200.

Comment

No can't say that I have.

I've got one of these I use as my main wide to tele and that is a very good lens, although the new version is over your budget, though there are a few knocking around 2nd hand.

I've got the Nikkor 18-70 which was the D70 kit lens and that is also very good and well rated, they can be had for under ?100 now.

I've also got a Sigma 18-200mm OS, but that's a bit soft so I wouldn't suggest going down that road, it's just a handy range to have (Nikkor version is much better).

It seems to have reasonable reviews for a kit lens as far as kit lenses go (think was a D90 option), but I wouldn't expect anything extraordinary from it given the price. If you're not aiming to print large and it's not for paid work it'll probably be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              No can't say that I have.
                              I've got one of these I use as my main wide to tele and that is a very good lens, although the new version is over your budget, though there are a few knocking around 2nd hand.
                              Whats it like at the widest end, still sharp? it seems to have good reviews with people generally very happy with it.

I generally use my primes for any printing i need done for image quality. Once you get to a3 prints any imperfections will slap you in the face with cheap lenses.

Thanks for the ideas, certainly gives me a few more options

Comment

I find it fine, all of these shots are with mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X