No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering getting one of the weather sealed pentax cameras. Just because they're weather sealed really. Like the idea of getting the camera out whatever the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
      Me too, remember buying a 'What camera weekly' back in the day with a review of the LX, what a machine lusted after one for years.

You'll probably make my day by saying you've got one!
      Sorry, just the MV and the K1000 (and a broken ME Super) at the mo.

Up early this morning for this clich?d shot - the sun never broke through and it also wasn't in the right place. I think it needs some post process magic to improve the colour tones.

Taken with the Nikon V1 & Nikkor 10-30mm

And this one from the Canon 1000D and 18-200mm Sigma.
      Last edited by MartyG; 18-08-2013, 05:47.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
        Considering getting one of the weather sealed pentax cameras. Just because they're weather sealed really. Like the idea of getting the camera out whatever the weather.
        The k-5 2 seems a great piece of kit. Stainless steel and magnesium body, not just weather but waterproof body and lenses. Uses the same sensor as the d7000 so is well proven. The Pentax dslr's seem to pick up very die hard users from what I've read.

Comment

Waterproof? As in you can actually take then underwater? That's cool if so

Comment

Weather sealed, not waterproof - more splashing than submerging. Pentax do not claim you can plunge it in a bath.
            Last edited by MartyG; 18-08-2013, 14:14.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Weather sealed, not waterproof - more splashing than submerging. Pentax do not claim you can plunge it in a bath.
              That's fair enough. A few of the reviews I read had said they used it in rain on a few tests, hikes, and had no problem, so I assumed it was more water proof than weather sealed. My d7000 says its weather sealed but I'd never trust it in even a light shower just in case, seeing as the lenses aren't sealed at all.

Do Nikon even do weather sealed lenses? Edit. After a search it seems only a few of their lenses even have o-rings on the mounts, which seems odd considering some full frames cost a few thousand but leave the barrel area relatively unprotected against moisture.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 18-08-2013, 16:08.

Comment

Yeah I meant weather sealed. Always wanted an Oly E1 with the 14-54mm. I know someone who rinsed the whole thing under a tap after he discovered his dog had pissed in the camera bag and it had been swimming in urine for over a week. Still worked fine apparently. Wonder if the pentaxes are as good as that.

Comment

My Fuji X20 died on me when we went to Watkins Glen the other day so had to use my iPhone . If anyone happens to go to central New York then definitely check it out amazing place.

Just starting out trying to take better photos.

This was a Grasshopper we happened across before the Fuji died.

Comment

That sucks gluedonbeard, I wouldn't say the fujis are a very hardy camera. Took my x10 all round Iceland for 2 weeks in the freezing cold, wind, grit etc, with well over 1000 picks, got back to England and within 2 days the barrel jammed because something had gotten inside. Not to mention other repairs that had been made before hand, though fujis customer service was always top rate.

Comment

Yeah it's a great little camera, I found I wasn't making the effort taking a DSLR places so it is really good trade off. That's pretty cool that it dealt with most of the conditions, think they have ironed some more things out with the 20 but yeah one of the reasons I went with it is for the customer service found Fuji to be far better than Nikon and Canon.

Must have got some nice photos with the X10 in Iceland.

Comment

The X20 is a very nice camera Fujifilm are really producing some great products at the mo - what did it die of?

Comment

It was just the battery in the end just brought back a replacement today, didn't think it would be anything with the camera as the build quality is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by GluedOnBeard View Post
                            It was just the battery in the end just brought back a replacement today, didn't think it would be anything with the camera as the build quality is amazing.
                            I like that first one Beard, have you got HDR turned on?

Comment

I would suggest not given it's over exposed there's a great shot there though waiting to jump out with the right light.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                The X20 is a very nice camera Fujifilm are really producing some great products at the mo - what did it die of?
                                My sister now makes use of my x10 and its a great introduction to taking photos, great picture quality for such a small package. Fujis x100s also looks like a really special piece of kit, just stunning design packed with top image quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X