Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that bring a smile to your face 2. (The sequel)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible smile, depending on the outcome.

I signed up for a 2-year Docomo contract at Yodobashi in Akihabara back in April. They gave me a free Samsung S3 which I took because the line rental was the same either way. I still assumed the phone was subsidised somehow and that I'm stuck in this contract for two years as a result(i.e. that cancelling would mean I have to pay for the phone).

Someone told me that may not be the case and the free phone was likely an incentive to sign up as the S4 was out(or coming out) around the same time and shops were getting rid of S3 stock. Also, I've checked my bill and there's no mention of the phone(Docomo-subsidised phones show up on the bill as charges which are then subtracted if the phone was free)

If that's the case, I could cancel my contract whenever. They charge 60 quid to do so but don't charge the remainder of the contract like they do back home.

Aaaanyway, I was on their site in the run-up to the iPhone 5s release(Docomo's first iPhone) and they're offering it for free(subsidised this time) if I take out another 2-year contract. Seeing as I'm only five months in, I'm thinking of going for it. Also the contract is the same price as the one I'm on now(~40 quid/month).

If it's definitely the case that the phone was actually free(Yodobashi would get commission for signing me up, after all) then I'll be very happy.

Comment

The Norwich Beer Festival.
      7 years in a row we've made the pilgrimage and it was better than ever.

Comment

9 hours of sleep last night.

I went from 7pm Thursday to 10am Saturday with only 3 hours (as I do every week) so last night really helped the sleep backlog.

Comment

I had to change a password earlier this week and I put a nob joke in it. Every time I've had to log on I've smirked to myself.

Comment

Had a decent night of sleep last night. Even getting up at 5.45am for a work start of 6.30am didn't do anything to dampen my mood.

Comment

My (nearly) 2yr old daughter dancing along to metallica, glad she's not dancing to my wife's ****e music ha ha

Comment

My pussy is haunted

Comment

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
                  The Norwich Beer Festival.
                  7 years in a row we've made the pilgrimage and it was better than ever.
                  Too right. Tough beers all the way too!

Comment

The Ghosts flying around this forum WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

The fancy new names for old jobs:-

Cold Caller is now - Lead Generation Executive

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
                        The Ghosts flying around this forum WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
                        Hehe was just about to post about that. Thanks Charles

Comment

Bordersdown.

I've probably had half a year away from the forum as I switched jobs in May and just visited this weekend as I've picked up a Vita and after playing some old PSone and PSP games on it, came back here to look at the retro folder and have been reminded how great the community is.

Signed up for another year as a blue member and enjoying catching up on new threads. What a great place.

Comment

Always great to have you around, Wools.

Comment

Thanks, always great to see familiar faces like you too!

Comment

Cheers for the sub Wools. Good to have you back.

Comment

Working...
                                X