Ran 1000 miles so far this year!

I thought it deserved its own thread

Yay me.

I'm celebrating with a beer

Comment

Haha. Nice.

Would you run 1000 more?

Comment

Last edited by Kieran76; 30-11-2012, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          I thought it deserved its own thread

Yay me.

I'm celebrating with a beer
          Impressive - well done.

I've only done about 150, need to improve so may make it my NYR.

Comment

That's 990 more than me this year, so congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
              That's 990 more than me this year, so congrats!
              That's about 1 million more than I've done.

Charles you are a certifiable nut job...buy a car, save you loads in trainers.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                Haha. Nice. Would you run 1000 more?
                He's put The Proclaimers to shame. Seriously, though- that's very impressive. When did you start your health kick Charlesr, and did you need a lot of motivation?

Comment

That's amazing. I've gotten more fit this year since I bought an exercise bike (while I'm doing QC on BDs I'm authoring I can actually get some exercise instead of just sitting on my ass!) but 1000 miles... in this climate I barely want to leave the house!

What's the secret?

Comment

It's all my sister's fault. She gave me a charity bond ticket for the London Marathon at the end of December. I had to say yes and thanks to you guys and my other friends and relatives, we eventually raised ?1500 for her charity. So when rather a lot depends on you, you tend to take things a bit more seriously.

So in January the training started and miles started racking up, but the London didn't go to plan - first half 1:36 (excellent), second half 2:35 (whoops, cramp so couldn't bend my knees) for a total of 4:11, so I decided to do another one which is on the 23rd December and much more relaxed. It's the Portsmouth Marathon which goes along the coast along trails and the beach. The water stations also have chocolate, jelly babies, brandy and wine....

I've been doing a fair bit more training for this one. Aiming for a more conservative 3:22 total (was aiming for 3:15 the first time). According to my 10k time, I should be able to nail 3:10, but I just want to finish having run the whole way around, because next year, I'm moving on to Gravity Enduros (MTB where you are timed on the downhills but need to get to the start gate for the next DH on time) and Off Road Duathlons (Run, MTB, Run).

The training for this one I going well, but I pulled a muscle 3 weeks ago and I think I've gone back to training too soon (I took 2 weeks off) and whilst the original muscle is holding up, I think the soreness is making me run funny, so other muscles are starting to give me grief while they compensate for me running oddly. There are only 4 weeks to go, so if it's not better today, I'm going to be restricting myself to very easy runs I've been doing some intense training to get faster so that it's easier to run at the normal speed (hope you see what I mean), so I'll skip all that.

Comment

New report in, breathing is now considered as being extremely unhealthy for you, everyone should keep breathing to a minimum from now on so as to avoid anything and everything in life

Comment

Oh yeah, well I've ran at least 1000 METERS this year!

Get on with the times Brits and join the metric system.

Comment

lol Guts.

Also @ The independent....

Motor-racing is considerably more dangerous than Marathon running, but that doesn't stop us doing it. Because it's exciting and an achievement. Imagine getting to the end of you life and thinking "I'm glad I lived till 100 instead of 95 by avoiding doing those 20 Marathons". Lame.
                          Last edited by charlesr; 01-12-2012, 15:35.

Comment

were you just listening to the proclaimers and added up how many miles they ran

Comment

Working...
                            X