X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, repeat play for 131 hours

Comment

Charlie! You are awesome :-)

I've been trying to get back into my running the past few months. Used to be a bit of a fitness freak, but then i kinda lost it all.... literally just worked all of the time... got lazy... got a beer belly, nasty!

Now im getting back into it and it feels amazing. I try to run at least 2,3,4 times a week - absolutely bloody love it.

But i have no idea what is considered good - dont know how much i should be pushing. My normal route is 9 miles and last time i timed myself that took me 50minutes. Is that good? What should i be aiming for would you suggest?

I'm not training for anything - purely enjoy getting out there feeling the fresh air, but I do like to keep pushing myself.
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Adam, what's good is you beating your own times.

I'm no expert but if you note down what distance and time you do each run, then you'll slowing improve and get addicted at beating your high scores.

Try and run at what someone else thinks is 'good' and you'll burn yourself out, get injured or just get bored.

Charles - the webmaster of a videogame forum runs 1000 miles a year. Take that daily mail!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post

I've been trying to get back into my running the past few months. Used to be a bit of a fitness freak, but then i kinda lost it all.... literally just worked all of the time... got lazy... got a beer belly, nasty!

Now im getting back into it and it feels amazing. I try to run at least 2,3,4 times a week - absolutely bloody love it.

But i have no idea what is considered good - dont know how much i should be pushing. My normal route is 9 miles and last time i timed myself that took me 50minutes. Is that good? What should i be aiming for would you suggest?

I'm not training for anything - purely enjoy getting out there feeling the fresh air, but I do like to keep pushing myself.
          You basically do 9 five-minute-miles in a row?

Comment

congrats on your achievement, running is not my thing.

I need to get fitter and have had a bicycle for a few months and seen some improvement each time i go out on it.

willpower is one thing you seem to have a lot of charlser to stick with it, if you hadnt had those injuries would you have ran even more miles ?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              Adam, what's good is you beating your own times.

I'm no expert but if you note down what distance and time you do each run, then you'll slowing improve and get addicted at beating your high scores.

Try and run at what someone else thinks is 'good' and you'll burn yourself out, get injured or just get bored.

Charles - the webmaster of a videogame forum runs 1000 miles a year. Take that daily mail!
              Really good point!

I haven't timed myself for about a month so I will see what I time I get tomorrow. I wont try to push it though, i'll just do what i usually do and see how things are. Once i get that , i'll try the same route again and properly try to push it to see my current limit :-)

Comment

To be classed as a decent club runner it's about 40 mins for 10k or 6.2 miles, you can run 9 miles in 50 mins I'm guessing that would be in the professional athlete-ish level if I'm guessing (competitive level)

Comment

f*cking hell, seriously??! The wasnt even trying too hard! - and i dont mean that in a ''ha ha'' way, more shock - because I thought i was pretty damn unfit! Ha - quite funny!

Good to know i'm not quite the unfit arse i thought i was - at least. Cheers!!

Comment

f*cking hell, seriously??! The wasnt even trying too hard! - and i dont mean that in a ''ha ha'' way, more shock - because I thought i was pretty damn unfit! Ha - quite funny!

Good to know i'm not quite the unfit arse i thought i was - at least. Cheers!!

Well it's certainly impressive afaik that would average at 5:34/Mile which I think is bloody fast. I'm not very experienced
                    at all with it like but I think Charles is 5-6 a mile remembering his previous posts

Comment

Yeah, pretty much what I said. A 5-minute-mile is kind of a benchmark for impressive running isn't it.

Comment

I dont keep an even pace though, I tend to take it okay-ish for most of the run and run / sprint the last couple of miles... Again, probably not how it's meant to be done but i'm just doing it for fun :-)

Tomorrow i'll try and push it really hard, will be interesting to see what happens now you guys have said this.

Comment

Ignore
                          Last edited by Plough Boy; 01-12-2012, 20:41. Reason: being a smart arse

Comment

Adam, you do not do 9 miles in 50 minutes. If you do, you need to run for Chichester.
                            Get on mapmyrun.com or use the GPS on your phone (www.sports-tracker.com) to get a real distance to be sure. If it's for real, then stop tossing about and run for your County.

Was that you on IRC? Sorry I missed you.

My PB for 10k (6.1m) is 40:30 (although I'm sure I can go a minute or so quicker - I wasn't going banzai and it wasn't a race).

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post

Not sure if I should tell them I've played 3 days of BF3 though...

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
                                willpower is one thing you seem to have a lot of charlser to stick with it, if you hadnt had those injuries would you have ran even more miles ?
                                Yeah, it has been a tough year. I broke my shoulder blade in a race earlier in the year, so took 3 weeks off.
                                Then smashed my ankle on holiday when the ground disappeared underneath me on a trail run in France so took another couple of weeks off.
                                Basically I've been able to run about 8 of the 11 months so far, so reckon it would have been more like 1500m by the end of the year.

I've got a few hundred MTB miles in there too

Comment

Working...
                                X