Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used, Chaz.

Budget up to ?25K.

Yeah, that's my issue with these SUV crossovers. They look mahoosive, but you can only fit a box of eggs in the boot.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13193]nakamura[/MENTION]
      Yeah this one needed an adapter too like we suspected. My brother bought my step mums WRX STi (2006 I think, previous shape to Charles' current ride anyway) and luckily Dad had left all the connections and fascia in there so we didn't have to worry about anything in the end >_<

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Used, Chaz.

Budget up to ?25K.

Yeah, that's my issue with these SUV crossovers. They look mahoosive, but you can only fit a box of eggs in the boot.
        Blimey, ?25K could get you allsorts!

Lots of copies of Stuntman Ignition for instance.

Comment

I hate to break up this chatter of lovely cars, but has anyone got any feedback on family cars?
          My wife wants a bigger car and we're kind of coming at it from different angles.
          I'm thinking about the size of a Citro?n C3 Picasso but she likes taller SUV cars like a Nissan QashCow or Toyota Rav 3.
          I'm concerned they're style over substance, especially things like the Nissan Juke and Vauxhall Mokka.

Anybody got any feedback?
          I got a Qashqai just over a year ago as a company car, mainly because it looked nice, had good write ups and had a tonne of gadgetry. I really like it, I had a Golf before that.
          Size wise it is fairly similar inside , but with a larger boot. The car itself is something like 20cm longer, so it's not a huge size difference, it's mainly ground clearance. It is basically a family hatchback raised off the ground, if you are after something withs lots of space, something boxier or an estate is going to get you lots more room.

Comment

Thanks chaps. Knew you had a Qahqai, so I was grateful for your thoughts.

I got the budget wrong though, it's max ?17k, oops!

I'm going to look at the Hyundai and Kia SUVs, I think.

Comment

Those Citroen Cactus' come in under that, they are kind funky

Comment

we went through the same thing and ended up with a Tiguan. Looked at them all and the space in the back of the Tiguan is quite amazing for what is not a massive car, plenty of leg room and space for bags if doing a trip.

Found the Qashqai souless to be honest, but it did have lots of gadgets on it for less money that the Tig. VW's probably much cheaper now though

Comment

Hyundai Tucson. Well worth a nose, lots of extras, bulletproof, warranty to support. Nissans are simply renaults in different clothes and just dissolve after a few years. If the brand is not right, Honda CR-V, Vw, Mazda.

all do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                    we went through the same thing and ended up with a Tiguan. Looked at them all and the space in the back of the Tiguan is quite amazing for what is not a massive car, plenty of leg room and space for bags if doing a trip.

Found the Qashqai souless to be honest, but it did have lots of gadgets on it for less money that the Tig. VW's probably much cheaper now though
                    I really like the Tiguans, I had an R design one as a hire car on holiday one time, really lovely at that trim level, however the interior was identical to my Golf, so it didn't feel like a new car. The facelift was due out last time I looked, I'd happily go for one of those next time. It was about ?35k to get one at the same spec as the Qashqai (which was about ?29k).
                    Half of those things have become much more Normal during the time since I got mine, a colleague just got a new Passat, which was pretty well specced too.

Comment

You can still buy a lot of car for ?17k

Any specific criteria?

Comment

I looked at a lot of SUV's when looking for a new car for everyday life, I really liked the looks of the Tiguan and Evoque but found the load space to be tiny, my dog had no room to move in either. Ended up going for a Volvo V60 in the end but it developed an engine fault in it's first week so I've ended up just sticking with my faithful old Saab estate. To be honest I'd be more inclined toward a good estate over any of the SUV options.

Comment

Thanks again, chaps.

Colin, The missus likes the look of an SUV because it's a higher ride. I really don't like the things, but I want her to be happy in it.
                          I think a mini MPV would be better like a C3 Picasso or a Ford B-Max, so we'll look at those.

I'd never have a Range Rover, moleman, but thanks!
                          We did consider the Cactus, Boris. Those side panels are ridiculous though!
                          I like the VW, Pavey, but I think you can better bang for your buck elsewhere.
                          Hyundai is a good shout, Hartley, but maybe the smaller iX35.

As for SUVs, I think we've got it down to \toyota Rav4, Hyundai iX35 and Kia Sportage, the Kia being my favourite.
                          It's got a bigger boot than the Hyundai and more rear legroom than the Toyota, plus there's that 7 year warranty.
                          The 2016 version looks like a Porsche Macan and is designed by Peter Schreyer, the Audi TT designer.
                          http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/first-drive-review-2016-kia-sportage/

We'll probably get an older one unless Kia have an amazing finance offer on.
                          Last edited by QualityChimp; 24-02-2016, 20:02.

Comment

Unless you have a real need for German both Kia and Hyundai are worth a nose.

Have a 2014 Santa Fe that's been nothing short of stunning and due for renewal September and will buy another. I know a good few ix35 owners and equivalent Kia owners who all agree, the Koreans are building quality cars of late and are now the 4th largest car company for that very reason with ford and gm in their sights.

Brand snobbery need not apply and not just for the caravan community

Comment

Oh no, I really rate them too.
                              I had an i30 with my old job for ages and was gutted when it went back and I got a Seat instead.

When I changed jobs, I nearly bought a Kia C'eed and I remarked how similar the two cars are to the test drive guy and he said both companies are owned by the same Korean guy!

Comment

We've got a 3008. Loads of room, comfortable, safe, cheap as chips to buy and run. 50+ mpg and ?7k for a 3 year old car.

Comment

Working...
                                X