No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a double test drive lined up for Saturday morning, looking to chop the wife's V40 in for either the new XC40 or XC60, I've came to really like Volvo's shockingly.

Comment

Ewww

Comment

I know, I know. They're really, really well made though.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          There's a guy that owns a tesla model x near me, see it quite regularly. Once pulling out of Morrison's supermarket a local guy with a 500bhp+ skyline pulled up along side him a gave him wave for a race, that was the skylines first mistake, it got annihilated, completely.
          My test drive is next Thursday. I'll fit a couple of bongs in beforehand and then take it on the autobahn.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Time will tell who’s safer, the robots or people on the roads, my cash is on the robots statistically long term.
            Thing is, people went nuts when that auto-driving car killed someone a few weeks ago, or that time last year - but no-one has promised that auto-driving cars will never cause fatalities. Statistically right now they're so far in the lead that it's beyond contention.

Comment

The issue with auto-pilot fatalities will be two fold:

1- People getting their heads around the fact they'll still happen and will also increase when the cars are in mass service due to a mixture of volume, varied conditions and pedestrian complacency/stupidity

2- In these instances who will be the legal individual/body classed as responsible for the death

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Thing is, people went nuts when that auto-driving car killed someone a few weeks ago, or that time last year - but no-one has promised that auto-driving cars will never cause fatalities. Statistically right now they're so far in the lead that it's beyond contention.
                Exactly. Like people don’t kill people every day on the roads and in large numbers. Pfffffft.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-04-2018, 12:06.

Comment

Posted a pic of my car on twitter. Didn't tag anyone or write any words. Got liked by official the Subaru account.

Comment

Comment

Test drove the new Volvo XC40 today. Both my wife and I really liked it, think we'll be getting one once the current demand dies down a bit as it's a 5 month wait for a car right now. Really, really nice though.

Comment

The Tesla people are really nice. They called me to say they were too busy with orders to entertain me on Thursday, instead asking if I was interested in going to an open evening with other selected manz where they'll put some food on before letting us have a bit of a raz in all the cars. That sounds good to me! I hope they don't have the new Roadster by that point or else I'll be getting divorced.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Posted a pic of my car on twitter. Didn't tag anyone or write any words. Got liked by official the Subaru account.
                          Ha. Nice one. Person must of been actively searching for them. Incidentally a lot of nice fozzy sti’s coming out the woodwork on scoobynet.com, some really lovely examples of people who’ve had them for a while now and freshly imported ones.

It’s going to be the coveted scooby quite soon I recon.

Comment

This one is a wee bit hard to explain, a I dare say not many people here feel any love toward them, but I've always wanted a Mustang. A local dealership is doing some amazing deals on new 5.0 GT's right now before the new facelift comes out (I don't like the new one that's coming) and I've just been in to see about buying one, and my brother is going to do the same. So it may be bye-bye Aston, but the prospect of a double 'Stang north of Scotland road trip with my bro and our wives is just too much to resist.

Comment

I’ve been a Mustang fan for years, I’d have one

Comment

Hell yeah. Gotta be the 5 litre one of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X