The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Lack of gears is the only thing I don't like the sound of when it comes to Tesla. Who knows, maybe the stupid acceleration might make up for it.

Oh what? Blast from the past!
    I’m sure you won’t notice or even be able to change gear quick enough when doing 0-60mph in 3 seconds.

Comment

I don’t know a single person in Canada with a manual car, certainly not any of my wife’s relatives. To be honest both our everyday cars are autos, and I’d have one any day now. Unless it’s a performance car I just don’t see why not, they take so much hassle out of everyday driving.

Comment

I can’t see me ever going back to a manual. Modern twin clutch and auto boxes are faster and smoother than a person at changing gear so why bother?
        I wonder if manual box lovers also discard the TV remote and walk over to press the buttons?!

Comment

I'd still always want a manual in a sports car, it adds to the driving satisfaction.

Comment

I'd want manual in a day-to-day car as you can still raz them up a bit if you want to get stupid. Not sure you can do that as effectively in an auto.

Comment

If I got an auto of some kind it would have to be a DSG box so I had the option of at least paddle shifting when I wanted.

Comment

Unless you are a professional racing car driver the auto gearboxes in decent cars will change gear better than you can won't they? The auto in my Mercedes is absolutely amazing. Driving is so easy in an auto. The last automatic I had before this though was a Renault and it was disgusting.

Comment

VW dsg boxes are made of chocolate too, terrible reputation.

Comment

Supposedly so - we are on our second though and have had no trouble whatsoever. Talking of auto boxes my BMW (bike) has a quick shifter, never had one before.
                    What fun - clutchless upshifts, best invention ever.

Comment

Comment

Sounds pretty sweet for a modern v8, I usually prefer the old stuff.

Comment

I'm surprised the needle on the fuel gauge wasn't moving as quickly as the one on the speedo.

He could've at least pulled away using the line lock just for ****s'n'giggles -

Comment

I was watching the needle to see if it moved when flat out

Comment

I like it from the front on. Not the rest of it, just looks utterly generic, should of had a more classic back too it from the 60’s.

Sounds lovely though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Unless you are a professional racing car driver the auto gearboxes in decent cars will change gear better than you can won't they? The auto in my Mercedes is absolutely amazing. Driving is so easy in an auto. The last automatic I had before this though was a Renault and it was disgusting.
                                In some situations I guess. Others not so much. An auto won’t keep in it 3rd round country lanes to keep something with a turbo in its sweet spot, or whatever gear that is on a given car. For daily commute I’m sure an auto is fine for most people.

Comment

Working...
                                X