No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read all the latest news from the AA. Discover news on driving, breakdown and insurance and more.

Believe this is the relevant information.

Also the cost of a theory test has gone down by like ?6, costing me ?25.

Test on the 10th of October!

Comment

Booked my practical this morning. 24th of November is the day. Went for a 10.45 appointment. My reasoning is that it should, hopefully, be a little quieter on the roads as the school run is over and lunch has yet to kick off.

Comment

Best of luck. I had my test at 8.40 on a weekeday morning, had a right result, sat in solid traffic on the A127 for almost 15 minutes without moving. Made my practical test about 20 minutes of stress in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Any dash cam recommendations Charles? They're actually a very good idea for insurance purposes. Can I edit the videos so that I could just post a section of what was recorded?
          edit: or you could ask MartyG - his car is hooked up with cameras at the front and back.
          I got a new cam with Nectar points quite recently that records 1080P in nice quality. Techmoan has covered that cam and recently reviewed the wifi version of it, it's the SJ4000. He thinks there are better cams for the dash, but I reckon it works pretty well, especially given all the mounts that come with it.

Screen grab from this video

Comment

Good luck with your tests you two, just keep it relaxed and you will be fine.

Got my new Leon yesterday, done less than 100 miles but so far I'm loving it
            Weird situation with the tax disk - car is taxed and got one coming in the post, but it might not arrive before the 1st October.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              What car do you have?
              A VW Polo 57 reg.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                http://www.theaa.com/newsroom/news-2...-transfer.html

Believe this is the relevant information.

Also the cost of a theory test has gone down by like ?6, costing me ?25.

Test on the 10th of October!
                Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Booked my practical this morning. 24th of November is the day. Went for a 10.45 appointment. My reasoning is that it should, hopefully, be a little quieter on the roads as the school run is over and lunch has yet to kick off.
                Good luck lads!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                  A VW Polo 57 reg.
                  What model of stereo does it have?

Comment

Not sure. But from a quick google, I can confirm that it looks just like this one http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=150

Comment

P
                      Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      It's on a 56 plate Martin but it's a MY07. It was the exact model I wanted as it has all the 2007 revisions, but earlier than the 2008 which I really don't like the interior of. (Ugly seats, finicky controls) I am seriously contemplating buying and putting this on it though as it made me laugh when I saw it -

Might sound like a random question but have you in the last couple of weeks ever stopped at the morrisions in Dundee (petrol station)

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Not sure. But from a quick google, I can confirm that it looks just like this one http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=150
                        Looks like you have an RCD200

It looks like you can add an Aux input to it
                        such as

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                          P

Might sound like a random question but have you in the last couple of weeks ever stopped at the morrisions in Dundee (petrol station)
                          Not me Jason, don't think I've been in Dundee for over 20 years.

Comment

Well it's good I never went over then

Lovely aston was at the garage just after you bought it, looked like the guy just got it plus it looked like yours so nearly walked over from my works van and introduced myself

Comment

Did he look like a grumpy bald bastard with a beard? That would've been the giveaway.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                Looks like you have an RCD200

It looks like you can add an Aux input to it
                                such as
                                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-Releas...item2ecad97e13
                                Thanks, Adam. I'll take a look...

Comment

Working...
                                X