No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete 180. Had a GT86 to myself for an hour today. I'll be ordering one next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Test drove a gt86 on Saturday. Love it. Will almost certainly get one. Black or orange though...
      White.

Comment

White is so 2008

It's all about Brown now.

Comment

Monkey Poo Beige.

Comment

Complete 180. Had a GT86 to myself for an hour today. I'll be ordering one next week.
            Awesome car. You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Still on the hunt. Just test drove the new Impreza (regular, not a WRX). Looks plain, isn't very fast but it actually felt like a good drive and the interior is much better than I expected from a Subaru.
              WRX, great car, but unfortunately all the yobbish beer belly, loud exhaust scally car mechanics drive them these days. A serious image problem.

Comment

That describes CharlesR pretty well...

Comment

They used to be the car of choice for bank robbers and joyriders. Car mechanics is a serious step up.

Comment

Grey or black. Whichever they can get quickest! Don't want to drive this old Focus any longer than I have to!

Comment

Did I mention this already? There are only 400 GC8G Imprezas like mine left on the road in the UK (the 99-00 model before the 2nd generation started). There are so many people breaking them at the moment just because they need money - not because there's anything wrong with them. They are so cheap to buy complete that they are making far more money from splitting for parts

I might have to get one of these to complete the set (Impreza / Legacy / Forester)

Comment

Do you have some kind of fetish for shiny plastic?!

Comment

Definitely some sort of fetish. Mainly a fetish for 330bhp / 330ftLb 2L boxer engines with AP Racing brakes and space to throw the bike. Oh and 0-60mph in 4.8s. The twin turbo in Lucy's car is quite impressive, but I prefer the hard hit of the single turbo.

Comment

Pffft. Turbos

Comment

Do you still have the bike Charles?

Comment

No, lobbed it down the road on some ice. Decided it was only really safely fun on the track anyway (and I wasn't very good either), so spent it on MTB bits instead. Keeps me fit and is far more scary and I'm relatively decent at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X