No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, love the Burnt Orange and Lime Green that Ford have stuck on a couple of their Focus models, only thing to bear in mind is when you come to sell it on but guess it won't matter on a car like the GT86.

Orange will hide the dirt better than the black too, always an important factor in deciding on a car colour

Comment

Yeah, some cars just suit certain colours and the gt86 looks great in orange.

Comment

I just think that black will always look good. It can't go in or out of style. I also wonder if Orange might attract unwanted attention.

EDIT: Given how much I love this car and am now looking at spending 25kish, what else should I look at? Not excluding any manufacturers anymore (think I'd previously stated no BMW or Audi). Don't like the 370z.

I'm going to read back through previous suggestions on this thread though.

Comment

A White Cayman S Brad?

Comment

Subaru BRZ?

Comment

Lol! We've already been through this :-)

My only concern was the ability to fit more than 2 people in there but I just saw an Aussie guy's video where he had 4 adults in one through judicious use of raising and lowering the seat heights so I'm not sure I need to see anything else. The new Audi S1 interested me. It looks ok in all black, has 4 proper seats, 4WD and is quicker than the GT86 and the same money. They don't seem to be available just yet though.

Comment

The Audi A1 is tiny inside. If the driver is six feet tall or more the seat behind is useless.

How about a Leon Cupra? The new model is getting great reviews and is a bit of a bargain. You get more poke and a mechanical diff for a less money than a Golf GTi. Plus SEAT still have the latest LED headlights which are even better than Xenons.

Comment

Ah, so no more practical than the 86 then. Will take a look at the Cupra, cheers.

Comment

Panamera Brad, may have to stretch the budget, think they're a lovely car, though many seem to disagree.

Comment

FFS you got me excited then thinking this was close to my budget you bastardo! That car looks lush! Shame I can't find another ?70k form somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        Ah, so no more practical than the 86 then. Will take a look at the Cupra, cheers.
                        I had a facelifted Mk1 Cupra ('03) & I loved every second of owning it.
                        I still regret getting rid for the abhorrent piece of crap Golf I have now but it wasn't entirely practical for when Chloe was born so got rid & I did drive the TDi FR but I couldn't quite stretch to one at the time & the horror stories of the potential engine failure on the 170Bhp TDi put me off a little too much.
                        I would cheerfully buy another one in an instant if I could afford to change but I can't.

The new one's look immense & for the money I honestly think they are a real gem

I don't think you'll be sorry.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          FFS you got me excited then thinking this was close to my budget you bastardo! That car looks lush! Shame I can't find another ?70k form somewhere.
                          Sorry mate, yeah it would have to be used. ?40k one here, lovely spec but clocked up a few miles

Comment

Still on the hunt. Just test drove the new Impreza (regular, not a WRX). Looks plain, isn't very fast but it actually felt like a good drive and the interior is much better than I expected from a Subaru.

Comment

Don't do it man. Buy an old STi for ?4k and have some fun. Not that one though. Preferably one that has the rear ARB and all droplinks done for cornering delight. Double the horsepower, 200kg less. And get some other boring car with the rest of your money.

Comment

Decision made. Wrx when I get back from my holiday in July. Ticks all the boxes for me. Not great looking but 4wd and quick with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X