The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Failed my theory test first time. 18 right before I hit the 6th wrong (pass is >25/30).

I'll study before trying again.
    Get an app for your phone, just practice it daily, for the recored I aced both my HGV and Motorbike theory tests

Comment

Here's my current whip!... I needed a bigger car as my German Shepherd "Sylar" is now 15 months old and a big un'

Haven't got a lot of money, decided on a Volvo V40 T4, found a few then this one came up on eBay, did my homework and threw a cheeky ?900 bid in and won it for ?800.. It's a lot of car for the money.

Top of the range T4 SE
      Self Levelling Sports Suspension
      16" Alloy Wheels
      Air Con
      Xenon Lights
      Full Leather Trim
      Cruise Control
      CD/Cassette Player
      Dog Guard
      every single bit of paperwork from new... and in true grandad style i've bought some roof rails!

I'm surprised how spritely it is, surprised a few unsuspecting boy racers let me tell thee!!

Last edited by chojin; 01-08-2014, 16:24.

Comment

Bargain!!!
        I get my new car on Saturday! So excited.

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
          Get an app for your phone, just practice it daily, for the recored I aced both my HGV and Motorbike theory tests
          I have an app for the UK theory test. I do three tests in the morning and three in the evening along with practicing certain question categories during the day.

My Dad has had an invitation to a Toyota dealer special weekend. The dealership is closed to the general public and invited guests can go in and look at new cars. All cars are discounted to, if the blurb is to be believed, cost price (I'm guessing to clear some stock before the new plates).

My Mum is after a new car to replace her 10 year old C3 and I might go to see what deal I can get on an Argo or Yaris.

Comment

Here's my current whip!... I needed a bigger car as my German Shepherd "Sylar" is now 15 months old and a big un'

Haven't got a lot of money, decided on a Volvo V40 T4, found a few then this one came up on eBay, did my homework and threw a cheeky ?900 bid in and won it for ?800.. It's a lot of car for the money.

Top of the range T4 SE
            Self Levelling Sports Suspension
            16" Alloy Wheels
            Air Con
            Xenon Lights
            Full Leather Trim
            Cruise Control
            CD/Cassette Player
            Dog Guard
            every single bit of paperwork from new... and in true grandad style i've bought some roof rails!

I'm surprised how spritely it is, surprised a few unsuspecting boy racers let me tell thee!!
            Nowt wrong with that Russ! My 'fun' cars come and go, but I love my Saab 93 estate that I bought for my own hound. 26,000 miles in her in the last year and not one fault. Grandad cars are awesome!

Comment

26k that's some miles, fault free too

Comment

I passed the UK theory test first time when I was 18. There are a few differences in the questions...and I've not been behind the wheel in more than a decade. I have a book on Alberta driving regs, I just need to actually read it.

Comment

My new car is in my possession! Pics when I get my camera back (see irk thread)

Comment

At least you have somewhere to sleep tonight

Comment

Sat outside my house waiting for luggage so here's a crappy phone pic

Comment

Covered in bloody tree sap already

Comment

Nice one Brad, I fully approve of this non sensible purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Covered in bloody tree sap already
                            There is only one solution for this, the total eradication of all plant life on earth.

Looks pretty badass in that picture
                            Last edited by EvilBoris; 04-08-2014, 17:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Sat outside my house waiting for luggage so here's a crappy phone pic

Please put on any NFS OST you have while driving it for the first few weeks.

Bonus points for a Ludacris track where he doesn't name himself.

Comment

The rear speakers in this are a joke. Imagine buying a budget pc in the 90s where they bundle some naff 2 way speakers. Now imagine opening each speaker up and taking out the main cone leaving just the tweeter. Now imagine dragon punching each tweeter. That.

My luggage has just shown up so I am able to enter my house so that's good.

I only ever played the original 3do nfs so have no idea what the osts sound like!

Comment

Working...
                                X