No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously considering getting an Integra Type R DC5 imported from Japan, anyone got any experience of importing? Any recommended companies to use? Anyone drove an Integra and got any real world experience of what they're like to live with?

Have wanted one for a long time and have decided that now, or in the next 6 months anyway, is the time to get one.

Comment

There a gorgeous one in town. White with orange wheels. Looks so good. Wheels aren't to everyone's taste, but the shape of the car is just so good.

Used to have an Import CRX Si. Basically the same as having a UK model but slightly higher insurance for some reason. And possibly a fog light tacked on to the back, but these days most people try and replace the light cluster.

Do it.

Comment

Mmmmmm.... Type R... Very nice.

Got utterly destroyed by a BMW 335d last night. The acceleration of that in a straight line left me standing. He slowed right down on the corners though, don't know if he had to or just didn't know the car.

Comment

Prefer how the DC2 looks myself.

Saw a cool vid about some lass who owns a DC5 on YouTube the other day when looking at Civic stuff.

Comment

The DC5 is import only, looking for a completely standard low mileage white, with white wheels, 2005 or 2006 which is the facelift model and the last one they did. Most seem to have red interiors which i don't want so need to wait it out for one with a black interior. It may take a while to find the right one.

basically one like this:

Comment

They don't have any in stock, but I believe these are quite a good company.

These are 'in stock' cars.

Drool away!

View our full stocked cars, talk directly to us, and find your dream car today. Since 1998 we only select & supply cars we would love to own ourselves.

Comment

Wow. Prefer the Trueno though!

Comment

A couple more importers I've been looking at if anyone's interested

Comment

Well that's me put my first 1000 miles on the Aston since collecting it. Sun came out for five minutes so took the opportunity to wash the 47 million dead flies off the front end after last weekends highland trip. The sun then proceeded to bugger off before I could take any pics, but still looking good.

Removed the big ugly licence plate holder from the bumper, which obscured the bottom three rails of the grille. Christ knows what AM were thinking mounting them that way.

Oh, Jamie, I used to have a DC2 Integra Type-R, not sure how it compares with the DC5 but it was one of the most fun cars I ever had.
                    Last edited by Colin; 20-09-2014, 13:28.

Comment

Looks great Colin. Mega Jealous.

Comment

You could always put your inheritance in to something more interesting for a while.

Comment

Fantatsic car Colin!

Comment

New want: Factory Five 818.

It's a Subaru boxer powered spaceframe thing. Minimum kit build cost (not including time) is suggested to be $16,000 including donor car (non turbo, using donor bits like brakes, instead of factory kit). Complete builds are selling for $25k for race spec machines.
                            Last edited by charlesr; 21-09-2014, 08:52.

Comment

Or how about a road legal F1 replica:

Or a P4 replica

(P.O.A.)

Last edited by charlesr; 21-09-2014, 09:09.

Comment

The p4 please! Just cleaned and waxed my car. Somehow it took 3 hours!

Comment

Working...
                                X