No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DB7 look a bit dated now, perhaps because that is the design they've refined the past 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      /Me hammers the like button. You just cannot go wrong with an Aston. Did they make any duff cars?
      <Cough> The Lagonda <Cough>

Hi-de-ous!!

Comment

That is a bit lush mate!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          /Me hammers the like button. You just cannot go wrong with an Aston. Did they make any duff cars?

How could you forget the Cygnet Charles??? sure it had a RRP of about ?28,000, though my local Aston Dealer whacked out the last couple at under twenty grand (a steal) a couple of months back.

I pass the Aston dealership in Brentwood almost every weekend and is interesting to see the cars people p/ex for them (in general), probably more Carrera 4's than anything else.

Comment

Colin you are one lucky SOB Oh man, I'd love to be driving arround in that Aston but it's never gonna happen if I continue living here.

Comment

Trust me mate, if you knew what it's next service was going to cost in November you wouldn't want it.

Comment

Very nice Colin. Yeah I imagine running costs can mount up!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Trust me mate, if you knew what it's next service was going to cost in November you wouldn't want it.
                  Give Stuart at SP Autobahn in Stirling a call. He services and works on loads of exotica like Porsches and Ferraris. And he won't charge anything like Aston dealer prices.

Comment

Thanks, but I'd rather the car retained its full Aston Martin service history, and I know the price quoted can be negotiated.

Comment

A bet a few grand for sure.in servicing bills.

Comment

Not quite that horrendous. There are various stages of servicing the car needs, the next one is the largest and it's just over ?1100. Which they told me yesterday was negotiable.

Comment

I don't know how garages justify the price of a service. I know a mechanic at my local Mercedes dealer and despite them charging ?110 per hour he isn't well paid.
                          One of the lads at work had a Cayman S before he bought an Aston and the Porsche dealer took him for a ride when he put the car in for a service. A car with 13000 on the clock apparently needed six new coil packs?! It wasn't misfiring or running rough. Con job. The same dealer had tried to charge me ?300 for a bulb a couple of years earlier. I bought it from a motor factor for ?60.

Comment

Colin just popped by in the Aston......nice! ( a shot next time colin?????) lol

lurvely car.

Comment

Lovely lovely car, Colin. Feel free to keep those beautiful pictures coming!

Comment

Hopefully it's one of the nicer delivery vehicles you've had at your door beecee.

Hoping to head up the highlands/cairngorms tomorrow weather dependant Marty, so there may be some nice pics tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                                X