No announcement yet.

The car thread 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's my current thinking. No warning light or anything. One of my tyres is losing 6lb of pressure a day too :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Watched the 2 Idris King of Speed things. Fun to see the 86s drifting about. He wasn't really a king of speed though. I actually thought he came across as a bit of a prat; ending up rolling that car because he clearly wasn't heeding the advice of the rally driver and instead wanted to 'push himself'. He's quite a likeable chap though and it was an enjoyable couple of episodes.
      Yeah, spot on analysis. My thoughts too. I preferred it when he was interviewing people as opposed to trying it himself.
      As well as the 86s, I also enjoyed the Trueno and that modified Challenger used in the original Cannonball Run from episode 1.

Comment

Are you past the running in period yet Brad? (How many miles is it on them?)

Comment

Yeah, 1000 miles run in, I'm on 2200ish now. There is a known VVTi issue on 86s but that results in an engine management light popping up so I don't think it's that. I have an OBDLink coming soon so I'll keep diagnostics running for a while to see if it happens again. I reckon it was me being a muppet with the gearstick most probably though
          Last edited by Brad; 01-10-2014, 14:52.

Comment

In my experience most performance cars will throw up engine management light at some point mate, I always carry one in the car just in case. Picked up a really handy one from Amazon for something daft like ?13 delivered, comes with a book explaining all faults etc. I've got a mate who's been looking to buy a BRZ, in fact I think he's placed a deposit. I'll be looking forward to taking it for a spin...........

Comment

Cool. The BRZ got a price cut recently and they're all built by Subaru anyway. There are 3 86s in the new 2015 range. A cheaper poverty spec one like the Scion FRS in the US but with no spoiler at all, a regular one and one which looks like it replaces the TRD edition which has 18" wheels and looks nice apart from the Impreza WRZ STI sized spoiler! I'll see if I can find a pic.

WHY!?
              Last edited by Brad; 01-10-2014, 15:07.

Comment

That spoiler is beautiful in design but not in size. Much too tall.

Comment

That spoiler is awful. lol

Almost as bad as the Supra RZ one.

Comment

Supra spoiler is beautiful too.

Comment

If it lost power while dropping it from 3rd to 2nd, it's probably the wheels spinning up

Comment

The height suggests there's about 400hp under the bonnet!

Comment

Haha yep. It reminds me of the gen 7 Celtics GT only miles too high.

Comment

So who's going to treat themselves whilst thinking about the environment by buying a Lambourghini Asterion?

"The supercar hybrid world continues to expand today with the unveiling of the Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 at the 2014 Paris Auto Show.

Featuring a total system output of 910 horsepower from a combination of a 610-hp 5.2-liter V-10 engine and 300 hp from three electric motors, the Asterion is unique in Lamborghini’s lineup for its unusual powertrain, as well as its unusual styling.

At present, the Asterion is claimed as a “technology demonstrator,” but one using realistic present-day technologies and in-house expertise. “To significantly reduce emissions on a car in this moment…plug-in electrification is the best option for us, because for Lamborghini such a car must still provide a truly emotional driving experience,” said CEO Stephan Winkelmann.

With its plug-in hybrid powertrain, the LPI 910-4 is capable of up to 50 km (31 miles) of all-electric driving range. The result is claimed CO2 emissions of 98 g/km (157 g/mi) and European gas mileage of 4.12 liters per 100 km , or about 57 mpg US, though differences in testing prevent such direct translations from being accurate in EPA terms."

Comment

That's lovely. Shades of the Muira in the shape.

Comment

Looks even better on the inside, think it was Engadget I saw it on last night, be interesting to see how it compares performance wise to the similar Porsche and Ferrari variants.

Comment

Working...
                                X